Looking for ideas on what to do while in Cozumel

shoegirlandie

Trying to decide what we should do while in Cozumel. I am early 30s, my sister 20, but we are also traveling with my great aunt mid-70s and her daughter in 50s and my friend that is 80. ( Whew, quite a mix I know, but with this particular group we are all about 16 at heart)

But I was thinking of Chankanaaba, because it has the beach plus the gardens and things to walk through.

The past few times I was in Cozumel we just went to beach side restaurnts like Albertos and the Money bar. The only thing about that is all there is the beach.

Any ideas or suggestions or does Chankanaaba sould like the way to go?

just got back from Cozemel. Took a cooking class with Josephina. We found out about her from website Cozemelmycozemel. She tis also on trip advisor. Had a medical emergency and our time was changed dramatically. Suppose to go to market, but it had already closed. Then you prepare the meal and eat it. It was really nice. Get to see how people live there. Josephina really worked with us on the time change. I think you would like it.

Bar Hop Bus is a really fun day!! It's a beautiful drive to the other side of the island (with amazing beaches and views). It's not a sitting and swimming day, but more of an eating, drinking and photo op day with a huge dollop of socialization and a sprinkle of island info mixed in.

It's not cheap, but we had a blast. Well worth the money in my mind. We saw much of the island, met some wonderful people and had some amazing food and drinks....not to mention the photo ops!!

Just got back yesterday....

we went to Money Bar to snorkel and have lunch. It was perfect for us and lots of other people showed up while we were there to do the same. Nothing else to do there, no beach or park.

If you want lush gardens and activities, you definitely want to head farther south, to Chankanaab or Mr Sanchos or Playa Mia.

We have been to several places in Cozumel and you can find full reviews with TONS of pictures located in my signature line if you are interested.

We love Chankanaab and think it's just beautiful there with so much to do. The beach, the snorkeling, the lagoon and iguana's walking around everywhere, the lush garden trail, the free sea lion show, there's a pool, shopping and even dolphin and manatee swims if you are interested. They have since expanded and have an alligator pen with a bridge you walk over them and they also have zip lining and some type of "human" hamster ball as well.

Plenty to do there. Yes, they do charge a $21 admission price, but it's a National Park. You can find a $2 off per person coupon online to save a bit of money as well. :)