It's beginning to look a lot like.......

darkprayer

If you lived somewhere nice, like Wisconsin, I'd switch with you in a heartbeat! :)

I live in Wisconsin! I'll switch places with you! :-) My husband and I were just in Florida (Clearwater Beach) this past weekend celebrating our first anniversary. Definitely windy and cool, but we took solace that it was warmer than in Wisconsin! We left snow on Friday morning...and left 80-degree weather in Florida to come home yesterday to 50s. Sigh. Thankfully, our cruise is 74 days away and we'll be back in Florida!

Hey it was cool last week down here, even out my boots on. I think it was 60, lol. I love this time of year here in Florida but I love the change of seasons that everyone else gets. 2 weeks away and we will be on the epic, husband, soon, mom and brothers

I swear the second it hit midnight Halloween...the Christmas stuff and music started playing here too!

I don't mind Christmas it just seems every year the stores have it out sooner and sooner!

In the Philippines the clerks were wearing Santa's elves hats, very hot here, on 11/3 and playing Christmas music. The kids kept playing their own version of Jingle Bells ("oh what fun it is to ride in a shot up Chevrolet"). But it is getting cooler, went down to 70F last night. Can't wait to take a holiday cruise out of Hong Kong, hopefully NCL will start cruising Asia soon. Royal Caribbean has a cruise that makes three stops in the Philippines while cruising from Hong Kong to Singapore. Would prefer NCL, but by 2017 it looks like RCCL.

I'm envious of those of you for whom the stores only started the Christmas decorating and music AFTER Halloween. Here, it's all been up for at least two months (appearing in early September.) I just stay out of the malls this time of year because I don't want to see that stuff or hear any Christmas music until AFTER Thanksgiving. Putting up Christmas decorations so early ruins the specialness of Halloween and Thanksgiving and Christmas, too, and it doesn't do anything but act as an incentive to keep me OUT of the malls. Thanks to all of this waaay too early decorating and Christmas music, nowadays I do my Christmas shopping online.

The shame of it is, I REALLY like Christmas. I just don't think that 4 months of Christmas is appropriate and IMO, it makes the retailers look really greedy. I just want each holiday to be special and celebrated in its own time.

At any rate, we are going on a pre-Thanksgiving cruise. Really looking forward to that!

Edited by SuiteTraveler