Trivial Tonic Question

Longtonian

Sorry for the triviality of this question, but our favourite pre-dinner tipple is a nice G & T, and wondered if the tonic served up in the bars on Celebrity is out of a bottle/can or the horrible flat stuff served from a squirty pump thing. If the latter then we may have to buy the tonic to top up our Tanqueray ashore. I know we've seen canned stuff in our minibar before, but can't recall the brand except that it was very sweet.

And as a side question….our second favourite drinks are Manhattans and Old Fashioneds; does anyone know if we'll be able to squeeze these out of our Classic drinks package? We are not too fussy about the brand of the bourbon etc. or the size. We know this info. is out there somewhere, but pulling it together from multiple threads and/or the dreaded Celebrity web-site is like trying to knit fog. Sheer laziness on our part, sorry!

Thanks in advance

Steve & Sue

Sorry for the triviality of this question, but our favourite pre-dinner tipple is a nice G & T, and wondered if the tonic served up in the bars on Celebrity is out of a bottle/can or the horrible flat stuff served from a squirty pump thing. If the latter then we may have to buy the tonic to top up our Tanqueray ashore. I know we've seen canned stuff in our minibar before, but can't recall the brand except that it was very sweet.

And as a side question….our second favourite drinks are Manhattans and Old Fashioneds; does anyone know if we'll be able to squeeze these out of our Classic drinks package? We are not too fussy about the brand of the bourbon etc. or the size. We know this info. is out there somewhere, but pulling it together from multiple threads and/or the dreaded Celebrity web-site is like trying to knit fog. Sheer laziness on our part, sorry!

Thanks in advance

Steve & Sue

Only ever seen fountain tonic in bars.

Manhattans & OFs should be easy to obtain with your package.

I don't drink tonic-mixed drinks but there was tonic in cans on my last Equinox cruise in October. I heard from other passengers that this tonic was awful and some ended up buying their own in port. My cruise was a Med cruise, so maybe they had a different supplier than what is offered on the other side of the Atlantic.

When it comes to Cocktails, the pricing is going to come down to the ingredients, partcularly the amount of booze in the glass, as well as the brand names. Drinks with more alcohol in them, or pricier brand names are going to fall onto the Premium Pkg (or above)

Here is a link to the Celebrity Official Bevvy Pkg Lists as posted by CC Member CELEBRITY CRUISES - Official Rep, this should give you some idea of what Pkg will cover your preferences

Official Celebrity Beverage Pkgs (May 2014) = http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2048745

Cheers!

Thanks in advance

Steve & Sue

Hi Steve & Sue,

I've seen Tonic and Club Soda both out of the guns and in cans. The pool bar, mast bar and sunset bar for instance all have the guns but have cans upon request. While other bars, such as the Molecular bar for instance does not have any guns (they do have a gun but only used for water, they don't have anything else on it). On one of our cruises our tradition was meeting at the Molecular bar after dinner. One of the members in our group drank vodka club soda. They didn't carry this at the bar, but after requesting it one time the bar manager made sure that every night they had a few cans of club soda for my friend.

Just ask for the can of tonic and you should be fine. If they don't have it, just ask if they can get it for the following night. Once they know your routine they will make sure to have it for you.

Cheers & Happy Cruising!

Hi Steve & Sue,

I've seen Tonic and Club Soda both out of the guns and in cans. The pool bar, mast bar and sunset bar for instance all have the guns but have cans upon request. While other bars, such as the Molecular bar for instance does not have any guns (they do have a gun but only used for water, they don't have anything else on it). On one of our cruises our tradition was meeting at the Molecular bar after dinner. One of the members in our group drank vodka club soda. They didn't carry this at the bar, but after requesting it one time the bar manager made sure that every night they had a few cans of club soda for my friend.

Just ask for the can of tonic and you should be fine. If they don't have it, just ask if they can get it for the following night. Once they know your routine they will make sure to have it for you.

Cheers & Happy Cruising!

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the information.

Looks like we are on the same cruise on Silhouette on December 14th, so if you see a pair of Brits staring disconsolately into their over sweet GnTs or zigzagging towards the dining room, Manhattans in hand, please do come over and say hello.

Cheers!

Steve and Sue

Thanks in advance

Steve & Sue

We must have been separated at birth!!! Those are exactly my favs as well! (Along with a nice glass of wine!)

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the information.

Looks like we are on the same cruise on Silhouette on December 14th, so if you see a pair of Brits staring disconsolately into their over sweet GnTs or zigzagging towards the dining room, Manhattans in hand, please do come over and say hello.

Cheers!

Steve and Sue

Haha, sounds like a plan! Though you may see us doing the same from the martini bar!

See you in December!

Cheers,

Paul and Edward