odd question

cruzrbachoua

Does anyone know if on any of the ships there is a swimsuit spinner/dry machine in either the gym possibly or laundry mat. We were just at a hotel that had one and it was great to spin dry the suit without having to put it in the normal dryer and then be able to pack it. :D

Ok thank you all. I had never heard of or seen such a thing either until I was at this hotel...I was like hmm what is this...then thought...wow that is a neat idea. A friend of mine said another option would be to bring an older swimsuit and toss it out....lol.

Ok thank you all. I had never heard of or seen such a thing either until I was at this hotel...I was like hmm what is this...then thought...wow that is a neat idea. A friend of mine said another option would be to bring an older swimsuit and toss it out....lol.
Cabin space is a big deal on cruise ships. Many cruises are not "swimsuit" type cruises and many passengers don't bother to bring one or go into the pool or to the beach on those that are so something that takes up cabin space that many (possibly most) passengers wouldn't use isn't cost effective. I doubt you'll find this on any Princess ship.

Another option would to bring a salad spinner.;):p

I've seen odder things being brought onboard.

The one I saw at the hotel was no bigger than a trash bin. Actually to be more accurate it was about the size of one those little silver ones I see out by the elevators. No worries I will figure out a way to dry it...just thought I would ask since I saw one for the first time a couple months ago and thought hmmm wonder if that is on the ship and since I don't do laundry on board and don't use the gym/locker area wasn't sure if there was one and knew that one of the lovely folks on here would know the answer. I mean there are worse things to come back from a cruise with besides a wet suit...lol

Ow! I specifically failed to mention a salad spinner but I guess I wasn't alone in thinking it. :D

Now that's an idea. Have some long cruises in the future and that would greatly speed up drying of the hand washed items.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Our next cruise is very long and have been thinking for a while now, how handy it would be to have some sort of spinner, I suppose similar to a large salad spinner to remove excess water from small items of clothing. If it was collapsible then that would be a bonus :)

Now before anyone says that this is something you would never see on a ship, there is one on the Queen Mary 2. Issue is that there is only one--rather than in each locker room, it is located in the thermal suite next to the supply of extra robes and towels in an alcove near the entrance to the ladies' locker room. Door to men's locker room is about 20 feet away; entire area is within sight of anyone soaking in the t-pool.

Why am I giving you such an elaborate description? Because as reported on many Cunard live-from's and blogs, I can confirm that it is worth the price of a thermal suite pass just to guess how many times you will see the following: gentleman puts on robe, reaches under robe to remove suit, runs suit through spinner, walks across thermal suite to men's locker with robe flapping wide open.

And on that note I will also second the advice for those who use the heavily chlorinated hot tubs or t-pool daily to just bring an old or inexpensive suit and toss it at the end.

Edited by fishywood

The one I saw at the hotel was no bigger than a trash bin. Actually to be more accurate it was about the size of one those little silver ones I see out by the elevators. No worries I will figure out a way to dry it...just thought I would ask since I saw one for the first time a couple months ago and thought hmmm wonder if that is on the ship and since I don't do laundry on board and don't use the gym/locker area wasn't sure if there was one and knew that one of the lovely folks on here would know the answer. I mean there are worse things to come back from a cruise with besides a wet suit...lol

A spinner would be great but alas there is none on board as others have stated. What I do is what another poster has mentioned - wrap the bathing suit in a towel but to get the excess water out I stomp on it - then, with the hanger I bring from home, hang it in the bathroom or if I'm in a balcony, hang it on the back of the chair.

A spinner would be great but alas there is none on board as others have stated. What I do is what another poster has mentioned - wrap the bathing suit in a towel but to get the excess water out I stomp on it - then, with the hanger I bring from home, hang it in the bathroom or if I'm in a balcony, hang it on the back of the chair.

After the towel wrap drying method, you can use the hair dryer to finish the drying. Works for me.