Help needed

txd

We are flying into FLL very early the day before our cruise out of Miami.

I would like to stay at a place either near the FLL airport or in Miami.

I need to figure out ground transportation from:

1. FLL to the hotel in airport and then from the hotel to port of Miami the next day.

or

2. FLL to our hotel in Miami and then from the hotel to port the next day.

Any and all suggestions/advice welcome.

Thanks, TD

Edited by txd

We've sailed out of Miami twice. We flew into FLL both times as it was less expensive than flying into Miami. One time we booked QLS to take us from FLL to the Crowne Plaza in Miami and then a taxi to the ship. The second time we stayed at the Renaissance on 17th in FLL and had QLS pick us up in the morning for the drive to the ship.

We will always use QLS if needing a further ride than is reasonable by taxi. If we did this again I would compare cost and decide based on that.

We are flying into FLL very early the day before our cruise out of Miami.

I would like to stay at a place either near the FLL airport or in Miami.

I need to figure out ground transportation from:

1. FLL to the hotel in airport and then from the hotel to port of Miami the next day. www.sunny.org has lots of FLL area toursit and lodging info. When is your cruise? What is your budget? Number in your party? :confused: Lots of hotels near FLL and in the 17th Street area in a variety of price ranges, with most offering free airport shuttles or they are just a short (under $15) cab ride away). Lots of shared shuttle services (SAS, QLS, GO Airport, MJS, etc.) suggested on this board every day. Typical fares for the 40-45 minute trip start at about $15 per person each way.

or

2. FLL to our hotel in Miami and then from the hotel to port the next day. Use the shares shuttle services suggested above to get to your downtown (close to POM) Miami hotel; popular hotels with cruisers include the Hampton Inn Mary Brickell, Doubletree, Marriott, Hyatt, Intercontinental, and Holiday Inn. A $12 cab ride will get you to POM the next day.

DO NOT transfer from FLL to stay near the MIA airport just for a "free" shuttle to POM - the hotels are more expensive than comparable budget properties near FLL and the area is not attractive.

Any and all suggestions/advice welcome.

Thanks, TD

You might also look at staying in Miami Beach - great dining, people watching, beach, nightlife, etc. It all depends upon when you are travelling :confused:, what your budget is :confused: and what you want to see/do :confused: