Coastal Kitchen question

lisaf1

I noticed that RCL changed who can get into Coastal Kitchen. It used to say JR suites and above. I was just in their website and it now says this:

Dress: SMART CASUAL

Meals Served: Breakfast, Lunch and DINNER

Price: COMPLIMENTARY FOR GRAND SUITE GUESTS AND ABOVE, AND PINNACLE MEMBERS

For those currently on Quantum, are they honoring Reservations that were made by people in JR suites?

Thanks,

Lisa

I noticed that RCL changed who can get into Coastal Kitchen. It used to say JR suites and above. I was just in their website and it now says this:

Dress: SMART CASUAL

Meals Served: Breakfast, Lunch and DINNER

Price: COMPLIMENTARY FOR GRAND SUITE GUESTS AND ABOVE, AND PINNACLE MEMBERS

For those currently on Quantum, are they honoring Reservations that were made by people in JR suites?

Thanks,

Lisa

Hi Lisa,

This was discussed in another thread further down on this page. Coastal Kitchen is available for Junior Suites and above.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=42208451&postcount=100

Jonathan

I hope they are going to honor the reservations. I have it booked for the 11/18/14 and 4/24/15 cruises. Did you see that they also took off the Filet Mignon and Asparagus and Leek Tart? I was looking forward to both of them. I'm not happy how they are changing the menus after the restaurants are booked. They also took off Surf and Turf in American Icon and a few others.

When I have time, I printed out the menus when I had booked, I'm going to compare them to what's on the menu now.

Edited by gaylemh

I had not heard the fillet mignon was gone. That was part of why we booked Coastal Kitchen. I had heard about the surf and turf no longer on American Icon menu. Has a menu from coastal kitchen been posted ? I haven't seen one.

Lisa

I had not heard the fillet mignon was gone. That was part of why we booked Coastal Kitchen. I had heard about the surf and turf no longer on American Icon menu. Has a menu from coastal kitchen been posted ? I haven't seen one.

Lisa

Here is the new menu for Coastal Kitchen. On the same page on the top right you can go to all the other restaurants to see their menus. There have been a number of changes.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/quantumoftheseas/dining/restaurants/coastal-kitchen/

The text on the webpage actually changed just after the Oasis TA and just prior to the Quantum TA.

They are honoring all reservations, but I would make sure to have a copy of the booking page with you as they are having some system glitches from day to day.

The manager at Coastal Kitchen on Quantum stated that they are testing having Coastal Kitchen for JS and above on Quantum. They will not change this as long as it is working well operationally.

The manager of Coastal Kitchen on Oasis, that had not yet opened for operations, stopped by our dinner table in the MDR and stated that Coastal Kitchen on Oasis would be only for GS and above.

They use the same descriptions on the net for the venue and thus the need to have the GS text for both, even thought Quantum is currently making an exception and may continue to do so.

The text on the webpage actually changed just after the Oasis TA and just prior to the Quantum TA.

They are honoring all reservations, but I would make sure to have a copy of the booking page with you as they are having some system glitches from day to day.

The manager at Coastal Kitchen on Quantum stated that they are testing having Coastal Kitchen for JS and above on Quantum. They will not change this as long as it is working well operationally.

The manager of Coastal Kitchen on Oasis, that had not yet opened for operations, stopped by our dinner table in the MDR and stated that Coastal Kitchen on Oasis would be only for GS and above.

They use the same descriptions on the net for the venue and thus the need to have the GS text for both, even thought Quantum is currently making an exception and may continue to do so.

Thank you for the clarification.