How do you check solo prices?

sail2sea

What is the best way to find solo deals on Royal ships?

Besides doing a mock bookings using Royal's website, you can look at the weekly sales flyer:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/sales/royal/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/rci_sales_event.pdf

The sales flyer will have the single supplements listed towards the bottom of each column.

yup I usually do mock bookings to see what if any deals are out there. Also there is a thread in the solo cruisers forum that people post any solo deals they find. Also look for residency discounts they are awesome for making a great deal for sailing solo

Besides doing a mock bookings using Royal's website, you can look at the weekly sales flyer:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/sales/royal/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/rci_sales_event.pdf

The sales flyer will have the single supplements listed towards the bottom of each column.

That's still a great mystery on their pricing try to book one of those online and its almost never 150% example being this Dec 6th Liberty offering 150%, They are more then the double Occupancy rate for single. Your better off booking a phantom 2nd person it makes it seems. Go figure.

Interior for 2 $189 pp

Interior for 1 $448

Outside for 2 $249 PP

Outside for 1 $749

UGHHHH

Edited by Bosjoe

That's still a great mystery on their pricing try to book one of those online and its almost never 150% example being this Dec 6th Liberty offering 150%, They are more then the double Occupancy rate for single. Your better off booking a phantom 2nd person it makes it seems. Go figure.

Interior for 2 $189 pp

Interior for 1 $448

Outside for 2 $249 PP

Outside for 1 $749

UGHHHH

Doesn't make sense. I've never seen a single supplement more than 200%. Can't explain those prices.:confused:

Doesn't make sense. I've never seen a single supplement more than 200%. Can't explain those prices.:confused:

I've seen this plenty in the past year on many mock bookings. When queering my TA and C&A, it turns out the answer to me was RCL can do whatever they please, and if they provide a special pricing for double occupancy but not for solo booking, oh well... too bad so sad. This is especially true for GTY offerings.

Having said that, I called in to use my final NCC for Serenade. The best offer on the RCL website (and I had it up in front of me when I called so that I can compare available cabins to choose) was an int GTY... when the RCL rep pulled up the sailing, he saw ov GTY's for solo cheaper than the interior. That did not show up for me on the RCL site. I ensured I deleted all my cookies quickly and started again, still didn't see the ov GTY but the rep still had it in front of him. So I booked it obviously.

I really don't know what to say, it should be so much more straight forward than this.

And to the OP... "as far as RCL goes "solo deals" is definitely an oxymoron :eek::D.

(edit: I also noticed this pricing discrimination more so on third party websites rather than RCL's website)

Edited by Hoopster95

What I don't understand is why a single would pay more that 200%? Couldn't they book some fictional second person and just have them be a no-show, or am I missing something?

That's what I would do at those crazy prices....but then you would probably not get double points...or it would be a fight to get them...

Interior for 2 $189 pp

Interior for 1 $448

Outside for 2 $249 PP

Outside for 1 $749

UGHHHH

I see this all the time when looking at prices for 1.

If you find a booking that you want and it's more that 200%, just call them and they will change the price for you. Note it will take you a good half hour, but I've had it done twice now.

If you find a booking that you want and it's more that 200%, just call them and they will change the price for you. Note it will take you a good half hour, but I've had it done twice now.

Good info, didn't know that.:)

Thanks.

I did get to hold a balcony that priced correctly at 150% for a d3 but only when I signed in. So balcony with discount before taxes came to $399 before tax. I don't mind inside, which was running $189pp for PR AND Cat L not guarantee cabins. So 150% would have been nice at $283 if they learned to use a calculator. :)