Transport to Southampton

shot2bits

Probably only relevant to UK people: do celebrity provide a bus I can book to get to Southampton? Just thinking if I could, it would save on a hotel and two weeks parking, as well as the 194 plus miles from Norwich to the port. If they do, how would I book it? Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by shot2bits

Check Eavesway website. Here is info from their website:

As the exclusive provider of domestic coach transfers from 2015 to Celebrity Cruises we are able to provide you with a bespoke Cruiselink service from around the UK to your port of departure. Our purpose built coaches are tailor-made to ensure you have a comfortable, reliable and stress free journey to join your cruise and an equally effortless journey home. GPS tracking and constant contact with your cruise line ensures safe arrival at the cruise terminal to get you straight on board and enjoying your holiday with Celebrity Cruises at the earliest opportunity.

Rest assured, EAVESWAY, our reservations staff and drivers are all here to take the stress out of both arranging and making the journey to your departure port and to ensure you have the most relaxing start to your holiday with luggage delivered directly to your stateroom.

I Booked Metrotrain for my trip from London to Southampton in August and my husband and I got the tickets for 13.5 pounds total for the both of us. They only book 45 days out and the tickets go from 1 pound on up. No problem using it at all. They only have one time per day, and I couldn't book it coming back.

Thanks for your help. Will investigate Eaveway and I hadn't thought of the train. That's a possibility too. Will check out National Express too, but when I enquired at Norwich bus station, they were less than helpful. I'll check back when I have a decision. Thanks again.

Edited by shot2bits

If you cannot get a direct connection on the day, I would be worried about having to change transport in London. We arrived one day at 3.15pm, and were last but one on board! Whatever you do, check what time you have to check in by.

If I had to change en route, I would go the day before and book a cheap hotel for the night.

For us, the holiday starts when we are in Southampton!

Added: The last few times we have stayed at HI Express, booking a room early on and paying around £55 including a light breakfast.

Edited by Adammara
Addition

If you cannot get a direct connection on the day, I would be worried about having to change transport in London. We arrived one day at 3.15pm, and were last but one on board! Whatever you do, check what time you have to check in by.

If I had to change en route, I would go the day before and book a cheap hotel for the night.

For us, the holiday starts when we are in Southampton!

Added: The last few times we have stayed at HI Express, booking a room early on and paying around £55 including a light breakfast.

Yea, it worries me too. I must admit I am still tempted to drive, but UK people will know what a drive on the M11, M25 etc is like! The jury is out, I'll sleep (for a few months) on it!

I Booked Metrotrain for my trip from London to Southampton in August and my husband and I got the tickets for 13.5 pounds total for the both of us. They only book 45 days out and the tickets go from 1 pound on up. No problem using it at all. They only have one time per day, and I couldn't book it coming back.

It's Megatrain not Metrotrain. Unfortunately they almost never do cheap fares on Sat/Sun when many cruises arrive/ depart, they also only tend to have fares available for journeys well outside the peak periods. Worth a look though.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Forums mobile app

We live in South Lincolnshire, and it's about the same distance, and we always drive down.

The last time we went A1, M25, M3 it took us 7 hours to get to Basingstoke! Now we always go Northampton/Oxford and it takes 5 to 6 hours including comfort stops! Best time was on a Sunday morning and it was just over 4 hours.

Mrs Adammara does not travel light, always a car full of cases, which I don't fancy manhandling on a changeover!

Good luck, whatever way you choose.