brochure always shows people smartly dressed

lenbest

2 cruises with Celebrity and another next year for me.

Why don't the brochures show people fighting over deck chairs by the pool? Another reality not included in the advertising. :mad:

Kind of like the TV commercial that says if an erection lasts over 4 hours to call your doctor. Give me a break!!!

Do you need a break because you are the doctor? :eek: :D

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Oh, Good! I thought I wasn't pretty enough for Celebrity. :p

Kind of like the TV commercial that says if an erection lasts over 4 hours to call your doctor. Give me a break!!!

The greatest piece of copywriting since the person who thought to put on the shampoo bottle, after the instructions, "Repeat". Doubled the sale of shampoo.

Did you ever look at Love Boat on television? All of the people around the pool were slim, trim, and beautiful.

Enter REALITY on an actual cruise ship. A goodly percentage of the people laying around the pool area are grossly overweight (both men and women).

Of course, you are not going to see these people on a sales brochure.

Same with the formal dinner brochure shots of everyone in a trim fitted evening gown or tuxedo.

This is reality. Relax and have a good time. If being a beautiful person were a requirement on a cruise ship, I would have to be waving to my wife as she sailed away and left me on the dock.

Thats what I was going to say.I have noticed all the people in ads for cruises look like models.I understand why the use them but could yoe imagine going on a cruise with a ship load of people that looked like Models:eek:Talk about feeling like the ugly duckling for me any way:o

Celebrity brochure always shows people smartly dressed in evening wear as if to imply this is how we should dress on the cruise and what to expect.The reality from my last cruise on Silhouette 18th Oct was far different some wearing t shirts shorts and trainers.

Not sure any company uses in their advertising - reality of life. They advertise a wish, a dream, a desire.

Edited by shipshape sam

The pictures are of people at the end of their cruise.

They started the cruise looking well worn, but after 2 weeks on a Celebrity ship being pampered, they looked so good they were used as advertising.

If you don't end your cruise looking like one of them ask for your money back.

I think CC has hit silly season.

Cheers, h.