HELP !! Sailing in 17 days,excursions question

ddmr14

Will be on Oasis for Thanksgiving - Western Carribean cruise with kids age 14 & 11. My question , we are thinking of doing the zipline in Haiti, Dunn falls in Jaimaica & Three reef snorkeling in Cozumel. Do I book this with the cruiseline or should i book from outside ? Which companies have good reputation for these excursions.

Must apperciate your help :)

Sept 2013 -In Jamaica we used Patrice Bailey to go to Dunns River Falls and got information about the island on the way. To my relief she was there when we arrived and even remembered my name. Look on Trip advisor and you can find reputable tour providers. Haiti you have to book through the ship as that portion of the island is under their control. We booked the fishing village visit and that was kind of neat to actually see what it is like for them to live, and seeing their home that accommodates 13!

I would go to the ports of call board and see what people recommend for Jamaica and Cozumel. Lots of great recommendations there.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5 - here is a link to it in case you are not sure where to find it.

As for booking through the ship or privately most often private will be less expensive, just make sure to go with a trusted operator. If you are nervous about getting back to the ship on time stick with the cruise line sponsored options.

Edited by akcruz

Will be on Oasis for Thanksgiving - Western Carribean cruise with kids age 14 & 11. My question , we are thinking of doing the zipline in Haiti, Dunn falls in Jaimaica & Three reef snorkeling in Cozumel. Do I book this with the cruiseline or should i book from outside ? Which companies have good reputation for these excursions.

Must apperciate your help :)

I have used Island Marketing for snorkeling sailboat tours, and all inclusive beach clubs with very positive results.

Nachi Cocum is the popular all inclusive in Cozumel.

The Zipline is Labadee is approx $100 pp and is owned and operated by RC, since it is their private island.

I recommend The Blue Hole in Jamaica instead of Dunn's River Falls.

However, you must book an independent operator to go there.

We just recently visited and used this company:

www.libertytoursjamaica.com

We had researched others and compared prices, vehicles, number of people, and found Libertytours was best for our group.

They are rated high on Trip Advisor as well. Would go with them again in an instant.

I have same questions for 12/20 western Caribbean itinerary. We haven't booked anything because I don't want it to be a bust. [emoji53]

Julie - mom to newlyweds Tyler & DIL Michelle (23 and 25), Lauren (21), Jack (17) and Alicia (14) and wife to Derek (awesome funny guy - hub of 25 years in 2014!)

Ports of Call boards will have the most information in one place. Pick your port and then start reading through the posts. Read through several pages, not just the first few posts.

If you find an interesting tour, google it for more info, or post a new question to the board.