Miami: hotel with real suites

realtrip

Hi all,

I'm looking for a hotel with a suite in Miami. An actual closed bedroom and a sleeper sofa in a living area. Most of what I've found ( except for Embassy suites) has just a wall divider. Budget around 250$ a night. We have no car and will be staying 4 nights so having some shops or restaurants nearby is a must (ES is great but location sucks). We are going at end of December until Jan 4.

Thanks!!!

Look at the Sagamore on Collins Ave. The room we had was a bedroom with a door separating it from the living room with a sofa bed. It also had a kitchenette. It is right on the beach too. It is an easy walk to Lincoln Road where there are lots of restaurants and shopping.

Homewood has real suites. There is a little shopping center a few blocks away with Publix, Burger King, Cuban, Italian, and Chinese Restaurants. But I don't see the point of staying there without a car for 4 days.

I agree that the hotels in that blue lagoon area would offer little for 4 nights. With a car it would be good.;)

Oh boy. It is nice but over 800$ a night!!!! My per person cruise rate for 7 nights was much much less than that, LOL!

YIKES!!!

May be so high with your dates being at New Years. I got it for $160 but that was in September.

Good luck, I hope you find something that suits you.

Hi all,

I'm looking for a hotel with a suite in Miami. An actual closed bedroom and a sleeper sofa in a living area. Most of what I've found ( except for Embassy suites) has just a wall divider. Budget around 250$ a night. We have no car and will be staying 4 nights so having some shops or restaurants nearby is a must (ES is great but location sucks). We are going at end of December until Jan 4.

Thanks!!!

With your dates, you may have problems finding anything. Did you check the Doubletree downtown Miami?

We were upgraded a few years ago at the Holiday Inn POM (on Biscayne) to a two room suite. DH thinks the bedroom had a door. Check there too. Would work for four nights as you could cab to Miami Beach, do some tours originating from Bayside Mall and be very close to the port.

Hampton Inn Brickell = 387$ a night. Only one type of room left.

Homewood looks good = 225$ a night.

Or I might just get ES and rent a car. That way we can head to the beach and shopping.

I'll talk to the family and see what they prefer.

Again thanks everyone!

Hampton Inn Brickell = 387$ a night. Only one type of room left.

Homewood looks good = 225$ a night.

Or I might just get ES and rent a car. That way we can head to the beach and shopping.

I'll talk to the family and see what they prefer.

Again thanks everyone!

Ugh, not the Embassy. The airport location is crappy for three or four days. I'd jump all over the Hampton Inn Brickell.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all,

Thanks!!!

We stayed in Marriott Residence Inn. REAL 2 bedroom suite. Two separate bedrooms - one with 1 queen size bed, second with 1 king bed. In between living room/kitchen with pull-out sofa. Two bathroom. Free Breakfast. Parking $ 17 per day. $ 237 with all the fees. Loved it and wish we stay longer then one night.

For a stay of 4 nights, I definitely would get a car. ANy of the places that were mentioned for your group, are not near 4 days of activities. Cab fares even to and from some of those mentioned will be more than a daily rental cost. For a night when you have no time to take in the area, they would be fine. But with no car for that long.....

Edited by eandj

We stayed in Marriott Residence Inn. REAL 2 bedroom suite. Two separate bedrooms - one with 1 queen size bed, second with 1 king bed. In between living room/kitchen with pull-out sofa. Two bathroom. Free Breakfast. Parking $ 17 per day. $ 237 with all the fees. Loved it and wish we stay longer then one night.

Thanks those are both great options. Prices right too!

For your dates, the rate will be much higher. Agree with John about the location. Especially for four days.

BTW, I hoped you've booked something by now or you are going to be stuck with super expensive hotels.

Edited by BlueHerons