What does Celebrity do right and what do they do wrong?

K.T.B.

Celebrity doesn't seem to know what to do with Michel's Club. Once a piano bar then a sport's and beer bar, now a private club for suite residents and zenith members. On our last cruise Oct - Nov 2014 on the Connie for 27 days the maximum we saw in Michel's club at any one time was 6 people. I know this venue had to generate more revenue in the past then it does now. I don't think this will last long, once the bean counters see what going on.

My DW is upset that the classic beverage doesn't include premium sparkling water.

I'm sure you would only need to ask the once If you liked having a daily bucket of ice in your cabin. But I think this is a very practical, and economical change...as imagine how many Cruisers never use them and the effort to provide them, and their contents just go to waste.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree 100%. If we bring wine on board it's red and doesn't require ice. I'm not going to drink any of the beverages stored in the room because I have a drink package. I would be more annoyed watching the ice melt and the condensation dripping down the bucket and onto the table. If there is anything I need during the trip I leave a note for the room steward.

If something works - don't fix it.

I wish Celebrity never changed the menu in Aqua café- I just loved the old set up.

I wish they never brought " baskets" in the café on Summit.

I wish I still get chocolates on my pillow and the ice bucket with ice in my room.

I wish they wouldn't charge so much for pictures.

What, no chocolats and ice in the room!!!

What about on the Summit?

Make friends with someone in one of the penthouse or Royal suites....they get lot;s of free booze to share...:cool:

Agree with DYKWIA. Just back from Eclipse and all was wonderful. We did not have a drink package and also found the drink prices to be out of sight!!

Celebrity doesn't seem to know what to do with Michel's Club. Once a piano bar then a sport's and beer bar, now a private club for suite residents and zenith members. On our last cruise Oct - Nov 2014 on the Connie for 27 days the maximum we saw in Michel's club at any one time was 6 people. I know this venue had to generate more revenue in the past then it does now. I don't think this will last long, once the bean counters see what going on.

My DW is upset that the classic beverage doesn't include premium sparkling water.

The revenue generation is coming from the higher cabin fares X is now charging for suite guests to have Michael's club access. And Cabin fares jump again come April when the full Suite Perks roll out. That you see no one in there when passing, means they are making even more money by not having to pay the expense for the premium beverages and snacks they offer in there! It's a win-win really then.

Michaels generated little DIRECT sales revenue in the past, but now is working very well adding PASSIVE revenue coming from higher cabin fares charged to those in the premium suites.

The truth is, people who used to buy a drink in Michaels club have not quit consuming adult beverages, they have moved to another bar to buy their beverages. So the effect on past revenue generation isn't really a factor.

Make friends with someone in one of the penthouse or Royal suites....they get lot;s of free booze to share...:cool:

The only FREE is the 2 bottles of liquor in the cabin, and the free bottle of sparkly wine that concierge and up all get - and Michaels club, however guests are not allow in Michaels, so not really much room for free liquor from the suite guests.

I just sailed Royal suite, with no beverage package, and had to buy all my drinks at all venues, other than Michaels.