Questin about tipping

dudesdynamos

I'm sure this has been answered before but probably way down the list of topics at this point.

The PG website, when describing fares indicates tipping for "room stewards and dining staff" is included. I'm guessing that people in the spa and guides that are not PG employees are not included and should be tipped. Anyone else onboard that should be tipped, e.g. Maitre'd?

We always give a donation to the ship's fund and assume this is acceptable and recommended on PG.

I tipped in the spa. There was a gratuity line on the receipt for the services like at any other spa. Even if they are cruise line employees, I would find it hard to believe that they are part of the tip pool.

There is no tip pool on the PG.

We do tip employees but it's largely in the nature of a gift. So some years we may not really deal much with a particular employee but because he is a friend we will still give him a farewell gift.

Gratuities are included.

Giving to the crew fund is very welcome.

I would like to point this sentence out in case you missed it first time.

This fund is used for crew parties, extras in their quarters, etc. etc. If you liked the way you were treated on the ship, which is highly likely, then consider making a donation to the crew fund. It will be appreciated and used to enhance the lives of those amazing people.

I won one at auction on one of my Tahitian Princess trips for $200 but have never been lucky enough to won a PG raffle. Karma was indeed good to you Cruisefun. Thanks again!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by twin123185

Twin, your very welcome, Hope you enjoy it. We're already thinking about another trip next year. Maybe the 14 day on Aug. 29. My husband has the flu REALLY bad. It will be three years in a row. How lucky is that!!!:D

I am afraid the flu gets worse with every 'exposure', :eek: