10 Day PG Tahiti questions

Tropics 911

Hello,

We are booked on the April 2015 10 day Tahiti trip with PG. We love the water and snorkeling. Does anyone have suggestions for excursions (so many to pick from) and what Islands to take the excursions. We will be able to go on 2 or 3 so trying to pick the best ones. We will be in Moorea for 5 nights in an OWB prior so possibly another spot

Also wondering if you can get off the boat and snorkel at all locations? How often can use use the water platform to paddle board and Kayak.

Any other thoughts on dinner reservations or tours is appreciated, We are excited as this is the our trip of a lifetime

My recommendations

Blue lagoon in Fakarava either with the ship or Ato

Bora Bora circumnavigation and snorkelling with Maohi Nui with the ship

Trail of the ancients with Mark Eddowes in Moorea with the ship

One additional one is the Huahine Motu picnic with Marc of Huahine Nautique.

The stingray ballet and snorkel safari on Bora Bora is very nice, a ship's excursion. Perhaps there's something equivalent by a private operator, I'm not familiar with them.

Don't forget the private beach on Bora Bora as well--not great snorkelling but lovely swimming and a wonderful view of the island. And it's free.

And Motu Mahana is a wonderful day as well, included.

The "Aquarium" on Rangiroa is amazing--I didn't snorkel there, I was tired after an all-day motu picnic, but I watched others in the water with literally thousands of fish. Pretty amazing-looking and very close to the dock. The ship has an excursion, but I'm wondering if a private operator could take you there more cheaply.

Edited by Wendy The Wanderer

The stingray ballet and snorkel safari on Bora Bora is very nice, a ship's excursion. Perhaps there's something equivalent by a private operator, I'm not familiar with them.

Don't forget the private beach on Bora Bora as well--not great snorkelling but lovely swimming and a wonderful view of the island. And it's free.

And Motu Mahana is a wonderful day as well, included.

The "Aquarium" on Rangiroa is amazing--I didn't snorkel there, I was tired after an all-day motu picnic, but I watched others in the water with literally thousands of fish. Pretty amazing-looking and very close to the dock. The ship has an excursion, but I'm wondering if a private operator could take you there more cheaply.

Wendy the circumnav at BB includes the sting ray, other snorkelling, snorkelling with sharks and also the full circle boating of BB.

Wendy the circumnav at BB includes the sting ray, other snorkelling, snorkelling with sharks and also the full circle boating of BB.

Yes I know. I have done a circumnavigation, of Raiatea, and it was too much boating for me, frankly. I preferred spending my time in the water.

Edited by Wendy The Wanderer

Wendy the BB circum is much better. It's includes three snorkelling stops, a view of the twin peaks from every angle, views of the modern hotels, St Regis, Thalosso, 4 Seasons as well as the old hotel bora bora. One of the best excursions for a first timer though I did it on my 8 th trip. Also the BB lagoon is gorgeous on the other side from where the ship anchors.

My top 3 excursions were the Blue Lagoon with Ato in Fakarava, a full day with Maohi Nui (with Patrick if you could be so lucky), and Drift Snorkeling in Rangiroa. The drift snorkel is super fun if you are comfortable in the water. We had a picture perfect day though, and I know that it is VERY weather dependent.

Have fun!!!

Thanks to all who have given us so many great ideas about excursions, snorkeling and dining. Also I am sure we will enjoy the beach in Bora Bora.

We are very excited and have heard you need to make reservations at the beginning of the trip for the fine dining. The special chef will be on board so we will want to go there a couple times. We are pretty casual overall so thanks for the tips about the grill and eating outside.

Cheers and thanks for sharing,

Tropics 911

• 3 months later...
My top 3 excursions were the Blue Lagoon with Ato in Fakarava, a full day with Maohi Nui (with Patrick if you could be so lucky), and Drift Snorkeling in Rangiroa. The drift snorkel is super fun if you are comfortable in the water. We had a picture perfect day though, and I know that it is VERY weather dependent.

Have fun!!!

Hi! We're going to FP next year on Oceania's Marina, and want to snorkel. Did these 3 excursions provide snorkeling equipment for you to use?

Who did you book for the drift snorkeling in Rangiroa?

Thanks!!

On the PG they give you snorkel and fins for the duration of the cruise and you can take it on private excursions so there is no need for the operators to provide. Suggest you contact the individuals directly and ask them what they can do for you.

On the PG they give you snorkel and fins for the duration of the cruise and you can take it on private excursions so there is no need for the operators to provide. Suggest you contact the individuals directly and ask them what they can do for you.

Thanks. -Larry