Divina or Eurodam?

Topo Gigio

We've been on Divina twice, and she is a big boat, crowded but beautiful. Her itinerary is just so-so. Never been on Eurodam, but having seen Eurodam's price for a balcony at only $399,($200 less than Divina's), and a better itinerary IMO (Costa Maya v. Key West) I would take Eurodam, despite HAL's rep for being too 'senior' oriented. Also would rather try HAL's private island which I've heard has better snorkeling, having been to NCL's Stirrup Key three times, which is too small for a big boat of 4600 tendered passengers like Divina (beach chairs fill up early, and bars run out of good beer, long lines coming and going).

Trying to be smart?

They know what I mean!

I sure do ............however I've never sailed with HAL so I can't make any comparisons. I've only sailed with MSC (except for once on Carnival which almost put me off cruising for life 'til I discovered MSC!). I haven't been on Divina, either, but I've been on her 3 sister ships and have yet to be convinced to change cruise lines.

I've sailed both MSC (Splendida) and HAL (can't remember which two! but I enjoyed both). They were different and both very, very nice.

I have never been on the Eurodam - but I do like hanging out in HAL's thermal spas and it doesn't appear that the Divina has anything similar. And if you like the open air promenade, then word has it that you are better off on a HAL ship ;-0

But HAL does tend to have an older crowd (although we're not old and have always enjoyed ourselves)

I would go with the itinerary that gets you most excited.

I've sailed both MSC (Splendida) and HAL (can't remember which two! but I enjoyed both). They were different and both very, very nice.......I would go with the itinerary that gets you most excited.

I would agree, itinerary matters, but so does size. Divina is huge and crowded, Eurodam takes on less than half the passengers of Divina. You would have to weigh the pros and cons of big v. smaller. Divina has five live bands playing every night... but oh so crowded; the ratio of space per passenger comes into play.

Fair question, but certainly difficult to answer! I have been on both ships and I would say it boils down to what is important to you.

Rooms: On HAL I always sail in SB or SC level rooms. For the Divina, I was in a Yacht Club level room. Both afford you VIP treatment but the size of the rooms on HAL for the class I sailed in was far superior. Of course, depending on the cabin category you choose you will have to read reviews and study the pictures.

Food: While subjective I would say the Pinnacle and Tamarind restaurants on the Eurodam set it apart from other lines. The MDR is pretty much in line with the other cruise lines. On the Divina, Yacht Club passengers eat in a private dining venue at the back of the ship. Setting is great and with anytime dining I would say it ranks about as high as the Speciality restaurants on Eurodam with a slight nod to the food on Eurodam.

Passengers: I think both lines are about equal. Divina will have more Europeans while the Eurodams crowd will be older.

Entertainment: Divina is certainly unique but this is so subjective it is hard to give you valid guidance.

So in closing, I would just go off of the price and itinerary. If you are happy with that I am sure either choice will be what you make of it. Enjoy!

We've been on Divina twice, and she is a big boat, crowded but beautiful. Her itinerary is just so-so. Never been on Eurodam, but having seen Eurodam's price for a balcony at only $399,($200 less than Divina's), and a better itinerary IMO (Costa Maya v. Key West) I would take Eurodam, despite HAL's rep for being too 'senior' oriented. Also would rather try HAL's private island which I've heard has better snorkeling, having been to NCL's Stirrup Key three times, which is too small for a big boat of 4600 tendered passengers like Divina (beach chairs fill up early, and bars run out of good beer, long lines coming and going).

HAL's private island is better looking but beach area much smaller that NCL so chairs fill up even faster . Booking cabana shellfor $20.00 big help on both islands .;)

I've sailed both MSC (Splendida) and HAL (can't remember which two! but I enjoyed both). They were different and both very, very nice.

I have never been on the Eurodam - but I do like hanging out in HAL's thermal spas and it doesn't appear that the Divina has anything similar. And if you like the open air promenade, then word has it that you are better off on a HAL ship ;-0

But HAL does tend to have an older crowd (although we're not old and have always enjoyed ourselves)

I would go with the itinerary that gets you most excited.

LOl Hal Eurodam was only ship I used this open air promenade :p it was so boring on this ship that we started to go around it one night )))

I cruised on both ships and even I am not a big fun of Divina I would go with Divina . But again if you love small ships with very little music and nothing to do after 9 p.m. you may go with Hal Eurodam.

Thanks for the heads-up. Was considering the great bargains HAL is offering, like seven day balcony for only $399, but music and dancing are a must. Are all HAL ships "sleepy" after 9pm?

Thanks for the heads-up. Was considering the great bargains HAL is offering, like seven day balcony for only $399, but music and dancing are a must. Are all HAL ships "sleepy" after 9pm?

I only cruised on Eurodam and Noordam but answer is -YES! We had no problem because our DD was 1 and 3 years old and any way we had to go to cabin at 8:30p.m.))) Plus HAL would have 1 or 2 good shows rest is....... no so good to put it politely.:rolleyes:

I was late to respond, I would have said check out Celebrity Reflection or Silhouette, great last minute pricing going on.

Both are going to Eastern Caribbean, and I needed a Western Caribbean itinerary, since I'm already on the Regal Princess eastern on Nov 30! Thanks anyway. I have been to all the islands before, but my friend wanted to go to Jamaica.