Miami port parking question for O passengers

alexandra cruiser

I looked under the area for this and found so MANY comments from so MANY people.Thought I d just ask those who sail O and where THEY park when going out of Miami.

Concerned about complaints that off site not safe, long waits for shuttles,etc.as compared to expensive on site parking. Is the O area close to ship, are reservations needed, is it parking structure?Know the price is $20 day.

Leave on Nov 29 and driving down from Orlando.

Need some opinions and options.

What do seasoned O cruisers use?:confused:

When we drive down we park at Embassy Suites... less than $10 pd through a 3rd party site

Then take their shuttle for $10 pp & a taxi back $25

We usually do this on longer cruises making it more cost efficient for us

YMMV

We usually park at the O lot at the port. For our next cruise -- 24 days ($480 ouch) might consider taking a car service...

From Orlando there is a bus service that goes to the port (Escot cruise connection)...

Alternatively you could part at the airport long term parking and take a taxi to from the port.

Edited by PaulMCO

I looked under the area for this and found so MANY comments from so MANY people.Thought I d just ask those who sail O and where THEY park when going out of Miami.

Concerned about complaints that off site not safe, long waits for shuttles,etc.as compared to expensive on site parking. Is the O area close to ship, are reservations needed, is it parking structure?Know the price is $20 day.

Leave on Nov 29 and driving down from Orlando.

Need some opinions and options.

What do seasoned O cruisers use?:confused:

We parked right at the ship last year and will do the same again this year. Well worth the $20 per day fee. Drop your bags at the curb by the ship, drive about 300 feet to garage entry, park, than walk to the ship!! It is a multi level structure. No need for reservations.

We parked right at the ship last year and will do the same again this year. Well worth the $20 per day fee. Drop your bags at the curb by the ship, drive about 300 feet to garage entry, park, than walk to the ship!! It is a multi level structure. No need for reservations.

And on your return, the porter will take your bags directly to your car.

If you like to spend money, park at the port. Most convenient. Several times I've parked at off-site lots a few blocks from the port at rates around $8 to $10. Never any problems, and shuttles were always prompt. On transAtlantics in or out of Miami, where I'm flying one direction and cruising the other, I park at the Crowne Plaza Hotel next to the airport. $4/day with the 7th day free, shuttle to/from the airport, secure, and just a $24 taxi ride to or from the port.

Oceania parking garage directly across the street from ship and if you have a handicap sticker and id parking is free. Took 24 day Amazon cruise and it was free, handicap spaces available parked on third level and took elevator down and walked across street to terminal. So easy

Oceania parking garage directly across the street from ship and if you have a handicap sticker and id parking is free. Took 24 day Amazon cruise and it was free, handicap spaces available parked on third level and took elevator down and walked across street to terminal. So easy

This is NO LONGER the policy... They eliminated that last year.

Must have severe handicaps -- requiring hand controls or wheel chair lift.

Normal sticker only is no longer valid for free parking.