Gem Renovations

pixiedustdawn

Know that I am in the minority, but not thrilled that the bowling alley was removed. It was something fun to do on cold sea days.

I really doubt that the food will be any better than in the past in any of the restaurants. After the last few cruises we've decided that only Cagney's and Teppanyaki are worth eating at.

But still can't wait to see what the ship looks like in February.

Know that I am in the minority, but not thrilled that the bowling alley was removed. It was something fun to do on cold sea days.

I really doubt that the food will be any better than in the past in any of the restaurants. After the last few cruises we've decided that only Cagney's and Teppanyaki are worth eating at.

I'm bummed too. I set sail on Monday with an almost 13 year old boy in tow. I'm a bit nervous because he is almost 6 foot tall and 1 month from his 13th birthday but will be grouped with the 10 and 11 year olds. Hopefully he finds someone to hang out with. He is very mature so I was hoping to bump him to the teen group but was told that it is not possible.

Everyone has different taste when it comes to food..

Not many used the bowling alley and Bliss looks really nice.

I'm bummed too. I set sail on Monday with an almost 13 year old boy in tow. I'm a bit nervous because he is almost 6 foot tall and 1 month from his 13th birthday but will be grouped with the 10 and 11 year olds. Hopefully he finds someone to hang out with. He is very mature so I was hoping to bump him to the teen group but was told that it is not possible.

I can tell you that's definitely not possible

I can tell you that's definitely not possible

Yeah, I know. They are strict regarding age. Maybe there will be an equally mature 12 year old on board. The rock wall, arcade and ropes course will keep him occupied too.

Edited by Deedee85

I guess if I read every post I could find the famous Carlos, but

isn't this the same as posting a specific travel agent?

I enjoy all the work my agent does, but she is paid, after all. I am embarrassed when I keep changing my mind, but it is her job.

Barbara

To answer your inquiry, Carlos is the Concierge on the Gem. He is not a travel agent. He helps the Haven and Platinum guests make any reservations on the ship for dining or excursions or whatever. I hope this helps! -- Connie

I agree, I was looking to try bowling on one of the sea days. How about the rock wall, anyone know if it will be open on the Jan 12 sailing??

Do you have any additional pictures of either the atrium or the main dinning room?

The old atrium was terribly colorful in my opinion, yet the photo you provided makes it look like it is now even more colorful. Is the floor a circular pattern or carpet or hard surface....looks like '70s to me.

As for the main dinning room in the stern.....has it been completely redesigned and less ornate?

Thanks

Do you have any additional pictures of either the atrium or the main dinning room?

The old atrium was terribly colorful in my opinion, yet the photo you provided makes it look like it is now even more colorful. Is the floor a circular pattern or carpet or hard surface....looks like '70s to me.

As for the main dinning room in the stern.....has it been completely redesigned and less ornate?

Thanks

Grand Pacific decor remained the same.

Here is Atrium...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448199780.820959.jpg.1b3d68882b03bc12992d0a86afd7289d.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448199770.330634.jpg.e3f4cc4f029f3ba4840ba1b2d83906cd.jpg

Please, can anyone post what has replaced the bowling alley and bar/lounge on the port and starboard sides?

Is the Spinnaker Lounge still in the front at the top?

Does the Great Outdoors still exist?

Any changes in the spa, thermal suite?

Edited by Arzeena

Please, can anyone post what has replaced the bowling alley and bar/lounge on the port and starboard sides?

Is the Spinnaker Lounge still in the front at the top?

Does the Great Outdoors still exist?

Any changes in the spa, thermal suite?

There are pictures of the new bliss Lounge in this thread.. The rest yes, yes, no.