Organic whole milk?

sonujohar

Ok i called because the thread had me curious. NCL DOES NOT HAVE ORGANIC MILK. They suggest bringing the brand horizon. It comes in a pint box and will fit in the fridge. I guess alot of people call and ask this very question.

I said in post #8 that there was no organic milk on board. They probably get this call a lot for this very reason?

Another first world problem?

Not in fridge in cabin, too warm...........as some have said, cooler with ice....................easy peasy:) if a cooler is good enough for beer it is good enough for milk:D I think whole organic milk is a fine idea, wish they had this when my son was little.

Not in fridge in cabin, too warm...........as some have said, cooler with ice....................easy peasy:) if a cooler is good enough for beer it is good enough for milk:D I think whole organic milk is a fine idea, wish they had this when my son was little.

Not sure what part of PA you live in but for the last 25 years I can throw and rock in any direction and hit an organic cow / farm. At 52 I still love an ice cold glass of milk

Maybe NCL could have a cow on two on board, they have fresh squeezed juice why not milk : )

Edited by Laszlo

We will travel with our 18 month old DS and 4 yr old DD this December. My plan is bring a cooler with us. There will have plenty ice on the cruise and I will just keep the half gallon milk cartoons in the cooler. Btw organic valley or Stoney field I heard is better than horizon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We will travel with our 18 month old DS and 4 yr old DD this December. My plan is bring a cooler with us. There will have plenty ice on the cruise and I will just keep the half gallon milk cartoons in the cooler. Btw organic valley or Stoney field I heard is better than horizon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I assume you've taken a 2nd bedroom for that cooler?

For some families - especially those with young children who are underweight or/and with dietary/hormone sensitivities, it's a real issue. We weren't asking for opinions on what many believe we should feed our kids or if this topic is amusing to some. I'm sure you can read another topic on this very busy message board if it's a subject that is of no consequence to you.

Unless you're getting the milk straight from the cow you've raised, assume that you're being lying to since milk has to be pasteurized 1st, organic or not. God only know what they add to organic milk to make it last long for the trip from the factory - distribution / storage place - supermarket / store. Just saying..*shrug*

Not sure what part of PA you live in but for the last 25 years I can throw and rock in any direction and hit an organic cow / farm. At 52 I still love an ice cold glass of milk

Maybe NCL could have a cow on two on board, they have fresh squeezed juice why not milk : )

Don`t live near a farm and I can`t throw a rock very far:rolleyes:

Organic does not mean unpasteurized:p

It seems that a lot of posters here always have to belittle other peoples opinions.:confused: Very contentious and boring:p

Don`t live near a farm and I can`t throw a rock very far:rolleyes:

Organic does not mean unpasteurized:p

It seems that a lot of posters here always have to belittle other peoples opinions.:confused: Very contentious and boring:p

Agreed - why do you negativity posters feel the need to chime in if you are only going to chide, deride or belittle? Not a healthy use of your time! Besides, the hormone stuffed, antibiotic infused cows milk these days has been linked to several adverse effects in childhood development! If you can't be helpful, informative or supportive - have your chuckle & 'eye-rolling' moment privately and step away from the keyboard.....

Agreed - why do you negativity posters feel the need to chime in if you are only going to chide, deride or belittle? Not a healthy use of your time! Besides, the hormone stuffed, antibiotic infused cows milk these days has been linked to several adverse effects in childhood development! If you can't be helpful, informative or supportive - have your chuckle & 'eye-rolling' moment privately and step away from the keyboard.....

Because all it takes is one person posting and another person(s) to agree or disagree about a subject. And that is the nature of forums on the internet - pretty much everyone will offer their 2 cents whether one likes it or not.

Me personally regarding the NCL and milk? Bring your own if you doubt that NCL (or any cruise line) will supply organic milk. Another thing about organic milk, buy it straight from the farm not the supermarket or grocery store - it has chemicals added from long drive from the farm/factory/warehouse to the stores just like regular milk.

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

All true, but this posting issue is not about agreeing or disagreeing, it's about lack of respect and intent to negate the validity of the other person's question, not to answer it. And yes, organic milk IS treated to destroy bacteria & allow distance transport but what it does not have is antibiotics & hormones.... Which along with individual digestive, physical tolerance & informed parent issues would be a legitimate concern for OP. And I do believe that the OP is going to bring own milk which was truly all the issue was about - "available on board or bring own".

All true, but this posting issue is not about agreeing or disagreeing, it's about lack of respect and intent to negate the validity of the other person's question, not to answer it. And yes, organic milk IS treated to destroy bacteria & allow distance transport but what it does not have is antibiotics & hormones.... Which along with individual digestive, physical tolerance & informed parent issues would be a legitimate concern for OP. And I do believe that the OP is going to bring own milk which was truly all the issue was about - "available on board or bring own".

Most of the milk in the US is from commercial farms that uses antibiotics and hormones - what makes you think that organic milk is completely free from that, especially the amount that is available for mass consumption. My opinion, its a speciality item that shouldn't be sold in such large quantities, either at Trader Joe's or C-Town. But you know what; that not my issue, problem or situation to deal with.*shrug*

Information only: ORGANIC milk is from certified (read inspected, verified & spot checked to confirm standards) organic producers who by law are not able to feed or supplement their cows with ANY milk production enhancements such as antibiotics and hormones. So, no organic milk by definition does not contain these. Google is your friend.... :)

Information only: ORGANIC milk is from certified (read inspected, verified & spot checked to confirm standards) organic producers who by law are not able to feed or supplement their cows with ANY milk production enhancements such as antibiotics and hormones. So, no organic milk by definition does not contain these. Google is your friend.... :)

Which is not enforce strictly by the USDA when it concerns food (they enforce regarding health and beauty but not food like spinach or organic beef, etc). So any food supplier can lie and say its organic until the USDA steps in and enforce it or give them the stamp of approval. Now, check the product and if doesn't have the official white and green USDA Organic logo - it not organic in the USA.Period. Other counties rules about organic milk is more stringent than the US.

Edited by maywell