Alaska Hubbard Glacier vs College Fjord

Av8tor

Northbound cruises see College Fjord while southbounds see Hubbard Glacier. If you could only do a 1-way (no B2B), which itinerary would you say is better than the other? I'm guessing cruising the Hubbard Glacier on the first afternoon at sea would be better than cruising College Fjord on the last evening... Thoughts?

Assuming you haven't been to Alaska before: the right answer is Glacier Bay. And the right ship is Coral Princess. Take the southbound Inside Passage itinerary and you'll get both Glacier Bay AND Hubbard Glacier.

Edited by Host Jazzbeau

Northbound cruises see College Fjord while southbounds see Hubbard Glacier. If you could only do a 1-way (no B2B), which itinerary would you say is better than the other? I'm guessing cruising the Hubbard Glacier on the first afternoon at sea would be better than cruising College Fjord on the last evening... Thoughts?

Northbound/Southbound cruises send the day in Glacier Bay NP. I have found College Fiord nothing compared to Glacier Bay. Hubbard Glacier is only about a 4 hour view.

Depending on the time of year you can't even approach very close to glacier face to see anything.

Having been to Glacier Bay 3 times, Hubbard Glacier 3 times and College Fjord once, if this is your only Alaska Cruise I agree with most that Glacier Bay and Hubbard Glacier are a must if you can get close to Hubbard Glacier. College Fjord is interesting but you don't get close to any of the many glacier. Of the three times at Hubbard Glacier we only got close once although the last time we did get closer than I thought we would because of all the ice.

Assuming you haven't been to Alaska before: the right answer is Glacier Bay. And the right ship is Coral Princess. Take the southbound Inside Passage itinerary and you'll get both Glacier Bay AND Hubbard Glacier.

Hubbard is by far better.... However as advised... wait for the coral princess and take both Hubbard and Glacier Bay...... That is outstanding advice. Even if it means waiting a while or next year do it.....