Bath Robes

susie8862

Yes they still supply robes. In fact their robes are nice large, thick, terry cloth and are much nicer than those found on any of the other cruise lines. I was really disappointed on Princess cruise line. I expected the kind of robes they have on carnival when we were going on an Alaskan cruise. Instead in our mini suite all they supplied were flimsy thin robes with elbow length sleeves!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

I asked and Princess gave nice robe from spa, it was bigger for a man.

• 4 months later...
These robe threads always bring to mind the post by the woman who was lounging on her bed while wearing the robe and only then discovered a long skid mark going up the length of the inside back of the fabric. We have avoided the robes ever since, as you do.

Ask yourself: on check out mornings how many used robes have you seen on the housekeeping carts or piled up in the hallways ready to be taken to the laundry. That's what I thought....:eek:

OMG I am DYING!!! This is my morning laugh!!!!! I was researching this bc we have an OV instead of a suite this time and it's been 2 years since I have cruised. I could not remember about the robes. But THIS puts me on the side of packing my own. HYSTERICAL!!!! I mean, it's awful.... but HYSTERICAL!!!

Thanks for the laugh, and passing on the post.

We have never touched a robe in over 20 cruises. I don't use one at home and not at sea. Maybe because we are warm weather cruisers.

PS don't wear them outside your cabin please. I know , its a free country and you can do what you want, but I did ask nicely.

Happy Cruising!

Can't imagine putting one of those robes on me as I have zero trust that the robes are cleaned before each guest uses them.

It's bad enough that blind faith convinces me that the towels and bed linens are cleaned before I use them.

Sorry, but I just get skeeved-out pretty easily these days. :)

I love to get into a robe after my shower on any vacation. I did this on my Carnival cruise and loved it. Our next cruise will be on RCL and I am already so sad they don't have them unless you're in a suite. It might be a small thing to most but to me, it's something I'll miss.

Can't imagine putting one of those robes on me as I have zero trust that the robes are cleaned before each guest uses them.

It's bad enough that blind faith convinces me that the towels and bed linens are cleaned before I use them.

Sorry, but I just get skeeved-out pretty easily these days. :)

You don't need to fear the robes or linens. I've done several back to back cruises which means that I stayed on board when everyone else has left. I observed the routine the staff go through between Cruises. They strip every bit of linens out of the rooms and have piles of them sheets robes and towels in big laundry sacks in the hallways. And large carts a fresh linens that they are taking in and putting on the beds. In midweek they only change the linens on your bed if they are visibly soiled but they change the linens on everything between Cruises.

• 5 weeks later...

So my wife wants a robe to take home next cruise....I was online ordering my bottles of water (sigh)...anyway I saw you can purchase them ahead of time.

Is there any advantage to purchasing head of time? They are $50...same price on he boat? tip/tax? Make a difference? I thought I saw somewhere that the cabin steward gets a commission on them or something, so thinking I would be better getting it from him if the same price....

So my wife wants a robe to take home next cruise....I was online ordering my bottles of water (sigh)...anyway I saw you can purchase them ahead of time.

Is there any advantage to purchasing head of time? They are $50...same price on he boat? tip/tax? Make a difference? I thought I saw somewhere that the cabin steward gets a commission on them or something, so thinking I would be better getting it from him if the same price....

I heard the same thing about commission for the stateroom attendant so I purchased my DH's robe while on board. Same price as online and I don't remember any tax or gratuity.

You don't need to fear the robes or linens. I've done several back to back cruises which means that I stayed on board when everyone else has left. I observed the routine the staff go through between Cruises. They strip every bit of linens out of the rooms and have piles of them sheets robes and towels in big laundry sacks in the hallways. And large carts a fresh linens that they are taking in and putting on the beds. In midweek they only change the linens on your bed if they are visibly soiled but they change the linens on everything between Cruises.

OK, I'll take your word on that and put some trust back into it. We'll see how it goes... :)