First time to have a suite

GayleR

Quick question....we upgraded to an ocean suite from an aft balcony.....now my boarding passes say Priority. Can you tell me exactly what that means?

It means you have priority embarkation and debarkation. You can access the VIP room for getting on the ship, which will help you enjoy your cruise faster! Enjoy your cruise and let us know your thoughts when you return!

It's like getting the Faster to the Fun included in your price for free

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Not exactly. Suites only get priority embarkation and debarkation. They don't get the other benes of FTTF a to include rooms being ready when you board, early luggage delivery or tender priority.

Not exactly. Suites only get priority embarkation and debarkation. They don't get the other benes of FTTF a to include rooms being ready when you board, early luggage delivery or tender priority.

I read on this board recently that suites only priority embarkation now, and not priority debarkation. Maybe someone else with recent first-hand knowledge can confirm that. I only remember reading that here.

I read on this board recently that suites only priority embarkation now, and not priority debarkation. Maybe someone else with recent first-hand knowledge can confirm that. I only remember reading that here.

May be right. I got FTTF last two times I got a suite since my Mom was traveling with me.

I have heard this too. But the info on Carnival's websites still indicate that suite guests enjoy priority embarkation AND debarkation.

http://www.carnival.com/onboard-classic/staterooms/suite.aspx

In any case, we have purchased FTTF since the program began, regardless of whether we have booked a suite or not. FTTF covers the early availability of the cabin and luggage express that the suite perks do not cover. That much is confirmed in the FAQ information.

We were in a suite on the Triumph in August 2013 and had priority check in and boarding but were given zone 3 for debarkation. If you want early access to your cabin, shorter line at guest services or have a tender port, than FTTF will be needed.

We were in a suite on the Triumph in August 2013 and had priority check in and boarding but were given zone 3 for debarkation. If you want early access to your cabin, shorter line at guest services or have a tender port, than FTTF will be needed.

Absolutely:) We did select early debarkation. The FTTF is worth it if you want to access your cabin early which we love, have priority tender, and to have access to the special guest services line and telephone number.

The suites on Carnival depending on which one you choose give you extra space and the priority embarkation and debarkation. Nothing else really special. It also depends on the ship and is you choose JS or GS as far as cabin and balcony size. In case you haven't seen this thread it is a pretty good one that spells it out.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1437499&highlight=suites

I just got off the Triumph on Thursday and we had an ocean suite for the first time. We had priority embarkation AND debarkation. It was great. Also, our room was ready for us as soon as we boarded the ship (about 11:15).

The huge amounts of extra storage space, the vanity and dressing area and the huge balcony might just make me never go back to a regular balcony again!!!

I agree with the other posts. Once you sail in a Suite, you are absolutely hooked! Our first cruise was in a Balcony cabin. Our next was a re-positioning cruise through the Panama Canal. On a "whim" for lack of a better word, DW and I booked a Grand Suite. The Cabin is large enough that we could entertain several couples and not be cramped. All our cruises since have been in a Suite. We also booked a Vista Suite on the Miracle for a cruise to Alaska. This was a great choice of Cabin. The lone exception was a cruise last April on the Carnival Valor. Again on an "impulse", I booked a Grand Scenic Oceanview (Category 6k). Magnificent cabin. Perhaps the only shortcoming is the lack of a balcony. Nevertheless, this is made-up with the floor-to-ceiling picture window(s) over the Navigation Bridge of the Ship. IMHO, Suites are the way to go when cruising; particularly when cruising Carnival Cruise Lines. Have a delightful cruise in your Suite!!

Gary

I just got off the Triumph on Thursday and we had an ocean suite for the first time. We had priority embarkation AND debarkation. It was great. Also, our room was ready for us as soon as we boarded the ship (about 11:15).

The huge amounts of extra storage space, the vanity and dressing area and the huge balcony might just make me never go back to a regular balcony again!!!

Nice that your suite was ready when you boarded. We are a little nervous about not having FTTF with our suite since we noticed some suites were not made up when we boarded the last time. I know it can be the luck of the draw as to when the previous passengers disembark etc. so for my DD and I decided it is worth the $ since we have carry-ons we would like to dump in the cabin and of course get the wine on ice.;)

We always get a suite now. We love the extra space. We also get FTTF. We like to be able to get to our room and unpack quickly. Then we can start enjoying our cruise! After our upcoming cruise on the Valor, we will be platinum, so we will have that included! Nice!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app