Some Latitudes Questions

violettewaits

Hello! Hello!

I am sailing on the Gem for the second time in March - this time as a Bronze Latitudes member - and as small as the perks may be at this level, I am excited. I just have a few questions:

1) Do you still get double points if you book 9 months out?

2) Can I expect an invite to the regular party and the ship pin to be delivered to my room? I ask because...

3) The last time I sailed on the Gem in January, when I went to my cabin after boarding (maybe around 1-2pm), I had no Freestyle Daily or anything. I had no idea we had to do a drill, etc. I had to go to Guest Services to get my Daily, because I just saw people walking around with it, so I'm really not sure what to expect to be IN the room when I get there AND am a bit wary of that stuff NOT being in there. Maybe it's because I boarded too early?

Any additional information you can provide would be appreciated!

See my answers below....

Hello! Hello!

1) Do you still get double points if you book 9 months out? Yes. All bookings 9 months out get double Lattitudes points.

2) Can I expect an invite to the regular party and the ship pin to be delivered to my room? I ask because... Yes, this is what is expected. However DH and I often don't get a pin delivered. We don't really want it so it doesn't matter to us. If you don't get the pin ask your Steward. It may not be on the first day of sailing, not sure when they usually deliver the pin.

3) The last time I sailed on the Gem in January, when I went to my cabin after boarding (maybe around 1-2pm), I had no Freestyle Daily or anything. I had no idea we had to do a drill, etc. I had to go to Guest Services to get my Daily, because I just saw people walking around with it, so I'm really not sure what to expect to be IN the room when I get there AND am a bit wary of that stuff NOT being in there. Maybe it's because I boarded too early?

In my experience this may vary by ship. I've had them waiting in my room and I've also seen them during check-in or at various locations on embarkation day. (DH and I always board early) As you said you can always pick one up at Guest Services.

BTW the Muster drill is mandatory for all sailings and is normally scheduled embarkation day before sail away.

Hello! Hello!

I am sailing on the Gem for the second time in March - this time as a Bronze Latitudes member - and as small as the perks may be at this level, I am excited. I just have a few questions:

1) Do you still get double points if you book 9 months out?

2) Can I expect an invite to the regular party and the ship pin to be delivered to my room? I ask because...

Latitudes benefits are detailed here:

http://www.ncl.com/latitudes-rewards/rewards-points-and-benefits

Yes, you should have a ship pin in your room, be invited to a cocktail party and you get double points for booking 9 months or more in advance.

The Freestyle Daily is normally handed out on the pier.

Thank you, both. At least this time I know what to look for! January was my first cruise ever so I had no idea such a thing as the Dailies existed until my hubby said to me "Hey! Look! Everyone has these fliers!"

How strict are they on the 9-months out deal? I booked on June 16th, 2014, for a March 9th sailing. A week's difference. Would it be silly to keep my fingers crossed? If I got the double-points, that would push me right into Silver.

Very strict, 9 months is 9 months. You should receive an invitation to the general Latitudes party, not the others. If a copy of the dailies is not in your room, pick one up at the front desk. If you do not receive a ships pin, see the on board Latitudes Rep.

They give out the dailies at the terminal for the first day. There will be people handing them out & they should/may have them at the check in desk when you get your room card.

Your invite should be in your room the first day.

Edited by MCAT48

I thought they gave you a freestyle daily when checking in (onshore) or as you first boarded the ship (?). I thought I remember reading it at lunch the first day before the rooms are ready. Then following nights, your room steward provides it in the room with the nightly turn down service.

I thought they gave you a freestyle daily when checking in (onshore) or as you first boarded the ship (?). I thought I remember reading it at lunch the first day before the rooms are ready. Then following nights, your room steward provides it in the room with the nightly turn down service.

Yes...you are correct.

I asked my room steward for 2 copies of the Dailies each day. One to use onboard and one to take home with me in a folder to scan and upload and share here. She had no problem doing that.

I had forgotten about the ship pins and never received them. Actually I've never received any on any of our cruises. Oh well.

• 1 month later...
I asked my room steward for 2 copies of the Dailies each day. One to use onboard and one to take home with me in a folder to scan and upload and share here. She had no problem doing that.

I had forgotten about the ship pins and never received them. Actually I've never received any on any of our cruises. Oh well.

I didn't know about the ship's pin either. I'm glad I saw this.

They are strict on the 9 month cut off for dbl points. I booked our last cruise over a year in advance, there were six of us in an owner's suite. Before the final payment date, but no longer withing the 9 month mark, we changed to a regular balcony since it was now only 2 of us. We were told that the new cabin was now a new booking and that we would lose our double points. In this case, Doesn't seem quite fair if you ask me.

Edited by Amazon Princess

They are strict on the 9 month cut off for dbl points. I booked our last cruise over a year in advance, there were six of us in an owner's suite. Before the final payment date, but no longer withing the 9 month mark, we changed to a regular balcony since it was now only 2 of us. We were told that the new cabin was now a new booking and that we would lose our double points. In this case, Doesn't seem quite fair if you ask me.

Is it fair that you locked up the owners suite for all that time and NCL could not book it and probably had to discount it to sell the cabin for that sailing? Why do you feel you should be rewarded for that?

Let me ask you, if you cancelled and rebooked now to get the current freestyle promo, do you think you should get double points too?

Edited by iimmie