Revenue Lost- X website

blindrid

Keeping with the ongoing theme of how their website sucks:

We met with couple tonight going with us on Equinox on Dec 1 to plan. X's website would not pull up the excursions so as a result we ended going totally private tours. 5 stops, 4 people, what do you suppose a bad website costs them annually?

Or, do they care? It appears not as this has been going on how long?

Other lines I've taken are more than happy to take my money:).

Anyway, my vent of the night. Thoughts? It can't be that hard.

Have a good Saturday evening, Randy

I totally agree with you. I am also on the same cruise. It has been like pulling chicken teeth to book anything on their site. I did manage to book everything I wanted but it took over a month to do so. You can bet your last dollar I will have every invoice, receipt and credit card statement on hand in case what I purchased does not show up. I have heard way to many stories here.

See you on the cruise

Mark

I have been much happier with the private excursions that I have arranged than the ones available from X. If you feel that their website has forced you to do something like having a better experience ashore, then more power to them. And calling X directly or having your TA help you get the tours you want, more power to you.

I know a few of the X excursions on my upcoming Sillouhette sailing are already booked to capacity, and the ship itself is only just over half full.

Someone's always behind to take a slot others give up it seems.

The costs to fix the website may be more then the lost profits from those who have difficulty using the website.

I also think a majority of non-cruise critic folks would call celebrity direct when they have issues, if they are really keen to have a particular excursion.

The website is abysmal. I have sent them two complaints about it - one several weeks ago, and one 3 days ago - and despite the fact that their contact form says they will respond within 48 hours, I have yet to hear anything from them. This will be our first Celebrity cruise, and even if I like the onboard experience, I will be hesitant to book with them again without some reassurance that the website is improved. While calling them to book excursions/dining/etc. is certainly an option, and something I will resort to out of sheer necessity, I hate making phone calls, and will always pick a company I can deal with on the internet over one I have to call.

The website is abysmal. I have sent them two complaints about it - one several weeks ago, and one 3 days ago - and despite the fact that their contact form says they will respond within 48 hours, I have yet to hear anything from them. This will be our first Celebrity cruise, and even if I like the onboard experience, I will be hesitant to book with them again without some reassurance that the website is improved. While calling them to book excursions/dining/etc. is certainly an option, and something I will resort to out of sheer necessity, I hate making phone calls, and will always pick a company I can deal with on the internet over one I have to call.

One more of the many reasons that we use a good TA for our cruise bookings!

One more of the many reasons that we use a good TA for our cruise bookings!

I'm an anti-TA person. I prefer PCC's (at least with other lines, anyway).

I never make the time to call and prefer email or websites. I normally book a few ship excursions and some private.

I know a few of the X excursions on my upcoming Sillouhette sailing are already booked to capacity, and the ship itself is only just over half full....

Only a certain percentage of shore excursion slots are available for pre-booking. The rest are offered on board.

Because of their website hassle I ended up booking an entirely different holiday. We were ready to book an X cruise, couldn't do it on line, would have done it there and then if I had access. Instead by the time Monday morning had come along for me to contact my TA we had changed our mind, seen another holiday we fancied and book that instead. We would have been perfectly happy with the cruise if I had booked it but 'snooze and you loose". So that is a whole cruise that Celebrity missed out on.

Because of their website hassle I ended up booking an entirely different holiday. We were ready to book an X cruise, couldn't do it on line, would have done it there and then if I had access. Instead by the time Monday morning had come along for me to contact my TA we had changed our mind, seen another holiday we fancied and book that instead. We would have been perfectly happy with the cruise if I had booked it but 'snooze and you loose". So that is a whole cruise that Celebrity missed out on.

I'm with ya. Next cruise I book this will be a consideration. I must not fit their demographics (albeit older) but I hate wasted phone time so website and emails are important.

Maybe they'll wake up and smell the coffee. Other lines make it easy. X does not