Picture of me in my formal

WeirdEyes

Thanks, girls! You are all so wonderful. icon_smile.gif I got several compliments from DH and my friends on-board. It felt good to walk around the Captains cocktail party and be able to hold my head up high. I wouldn't have done that 60 lbs ago! I've got 15 more to lose and I think that this dress will still fit...except maybe for the top. I might have to have it altered again. It was such a great deal at $79 also!

My DH has been so sweet to me regarding my weight loss...very encouraging by keeping the compliments coming. I have to tell you one thing he said that was sooo sweet! When we were sittng at the Captain's table, I was seated directly across from the Staff Captain and DH said, "You see that they put the prettiest girl across from him." Mind you, every lady at the table was beautiful....including the Staff Captain's wife. He is just being so sweet. icon_biggrin.gif

icon_smile.gifShelia icon_smile.gif

Mariner of the Seas-May, 2004

Carnival Destiny-June, 2002

• 1 month later...

Hey Sheila - not sure why I didn't see this in June when you originally posted it, but I hope you'll accept my belated compliments...

What a great dress, you look wonderful! What extra 10 lbs? I'm glad you had such a good time. Very cool that you got to sit at the captain's table. Closest I've ever come is next to the captain's table. Maybe they're moving DH and I in slowly!

Sheila,

You look terrific!

Which cruiseline is the Mariner?

I agree with you, if the cruise ships don't enforce some sort of dress code then why have them? Certainly gowns and tuxes shouldn't be forced on people, but daytime casual - especially daytime slop - should never be allowed in the dining room.

Jane

Archived