Picture of me in my formal

WeirdEyes

Hi ladies! I'm finally posting after getting back from my Mariner cruise. Here is a link to a picture of me wearing my formal that was too tight after getting it altered. Remember that thread? It actually fit ok and when I lose the extra 10 lbs I'm carrying around, I should be able to wear it next cruise with no problems.

Shelia in Formal

We had a fabulous cruise! We met some wonderful people that made our week even more fun.

BTW, I was so irritated at some people and the way they dressed in the dining room. icon_mad.gif How hard is it to follow the rules? On smart casual night, there were men dressed in shorts, flip-flops & T-shirts hanging out of their shorts. Nobody from Royal Caribbean said a word to them. However, I was right behind them waiting for the doors to the dining room to open and I made a point of telling my husband loudly that some people couldn't follow the dress rules.

We also got to dine at the Captain's Table with the Staff Captain. That was very cool and a lot of fun!

icon_smile.gifShelia icon_smile.gif

Mariner of the Seas-May, 2004

Carnival Destiny-June, 2002

you look great shelia! what are you? like 29 or something? seriously, you clean up so much better then most other bama fans (go gators icon_wink.gif)

and thanks for not being scared to say something to the folks in flip flops and shorts in the dining room... i guess they could have lost their luggage though... but how often does that really happen?

Sometimes I wish the cruise lines will enforce a dress code for the dining room. But that wont happen since they are afraid they may lose customers.

Shiela your picture is great. Wish I looked like that in a dress like that.

Going NOWHERE

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;10;22;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Miracle, February 13, 2005

Legend, October 22,2004

Voyager August 31,2003

Victory September 22,2002

Regal Empress,June 2001

Sensation,August 2000

Thank you for the compliments. Both of you are very sweet.

sgtmonz, I am 39, but thanks for thinking I'm 10 years younger! icon_biggrin.gif The people could've actually lost their luggage, but I doubt it. I saw many people dressed this way at dinner. I just happened to be close enough to them to say something. I didn't mention earlier that the women they were with were all dressed appropriately.

serene56, I understand the way the cruiselines are thinking...don't want to lose a customer. However, if they make rules, they should stick to them. If they decide to let everybody dress any way they want, why not change the rules?

icon_biggrin.gif Sheila...you look absolutely stunning!!!

Love the dress....I am so into purples, eggplants....violets....that whole color scheme!!

So glad to hear (read) that you and hubby had such a wonderful timeicon_smile.gif.

Next up...HORIZON Sept 18th to Bermuda!

See My Century and Mercury Pictures at:

http://community.webshots.com/user/lovescruising

Shelia, with your moniker I thought you might have looked something like this.

http://www.cmgww.com/stars/feldman/photo.html

LOL! You look great! Didn't you LOVE the Mariner? I think we are repeating next January. I really didn't see that many bad dressers on our Jan cruise. It was an older and more refined crowd, IMO. I have seen it on other ships, though, especially short cruises. I think some people just don't care. I saw one man refused entrance to the dining room with a backwards Nascar cap. His group was, uh, really colorful!

Grandeur 6/98

Sovereign 3/00

Jubilee 1/02

Voyager6/02

Navigator 1/03

Sensation 4/03

Enchantment 9/03

Mariner 1/04

Sheila, Your dress is beautiful. You look great. You do not look your age. You look much younger.

When I was on the Victory on Spring Break a lot of people were not dressed up for formal night. There were only about 10 of us dressed up. I was the one that felt out of place. A lot of women were wearing summer dresses that you would wear to get off in port.

Imagination 8/02

Glory 8/03

Victory 3/04

Imagination 7/04

Days til Miracle Partae Pirates Cruise from Tampa

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2005;02;13;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600

partaepiratessmallsmall.gif?mtbrand=AOL_US

Thanks everyone for your compliments! You've made my day!

Linda, I cracked up laughing when I went to the link you posted! I wonder if I should change my screen name to something else? LOL

You looked great girl! Glad you had a nice time.

Kim

Dawn Princess

Regal Princess

Grand Princess

Mercury - Celebrity

Windward - NCL

Monarch of the Seas

Voyager of the Seas

Sovereign of the Seas

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>change it to "go gators, beat bama" <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How about "Boo Gators!" icon_biggrin.gif

Kim & seagulls, thanks so much! Yes, seagulls, Linda is a card. I always love to read her posts!

I think its nice to dress up. Thats what I like about cruising. you get to wear those dresses that just sit in your wardrobe. Even on casual nights I dress up and so did most ladies and men on my Golden Princess Med cruise last summer.

you did look lovely in your photos by the way.

Liz

I agree, you look fantabulous, and that is the way you should look on a cruise! I get to dress up about once a month now, since I joined the Red Hat Society! I still wear a pink hat for 2 more years (until I'm 50) but that gives me something to look forward to! Honestly, it feels like playing dress up! The tackier the better! We love it. I am a member or the "Bodiacious Blackstone Babes" and we have so much fun! If you are not a member of a red hat society, I would strongly suggest that you join, or start your own. There are currently 25,000 chapters, both here and abroad. Go to redhatsociety.com and check it out!

usa_md_wht.gif

You all have me blushing. Thanks for the wonderful comments. I like to dress up also and never get to do it except on a cruise. I actually only own about 2-3 regular dresses. (I go to contemporary church services so we dress casual.) I usually have to buy a dress or suit for funerals & weddings. icon_rolleyes.gif

Nugsmom, that sounds like soooo much fun! I've heard of the Red Hat Society.

You look AWESOME, Shelia!!! Love the color!!!!!

Pam : )

Emerald Seas 6/20/83

Nordic Empress 6/93

Imagination 3/30/00

Ecstasy 9/4/00

Majesty of the Seas 10/27/00

Triumph 12/16/00

Radiance of the Seas

3/26/01 & 3/29/01

Crown Odyssey 6/24/01

Golden Princess 10/11/01

Spirit 11/11/01