SC Suite on Westerdam

IndyDenise

So I booked a SC Suite on the Westerdam ( Deck 7 Rotterdam ) . There are only 4 of these suites ( that I can see ) on the whole ship.

What's wrong with them? Mine is next door to a SA on one side and two doors from a SB on the other.

Are they smaller? I realize that they aren't as close to the Neptune Lounge as some suites ( but to save $399.00 x two ) I can handle walking the additional steps past the SA that is next to me IF that is the only issue.

So are these the "undesirable" suites or is it something that I won't even notice.

So, you must be in # 7084 or #7089. Other than location, somewhat aft, both of these staterooms are connecting rooms with the SA suites forward of your stateroom.

The deck plan describes your SC the same as the SA and SB. If the above stateroom numbers are correct, I think you will have a more private veranda than the SC's just aft of yours where the SB veranda occupants will have somewhat of a view of those verandas.

Be happy! I think you will be just fine!

Approximately two years ago, we stayed in 7084 on the Westerdam. We were more than happy with the suite. It had a connecting door to 7082, but we never heard any noise from our neighbors. At that time, 7084 was considered an SA. We would not hesitate to book it again.

So I booked a SC Suite on the Westerdam ( Deck 7 Rotterdam ) . There are only 4 of these suites ( that I can see ) on the whole ship.

What's wrong with them? Mine is next door to a SA on one side and two doors from a SB on the other.

Are they smaller? I realize that they aren't as close to the Neptune Lounge as some suites ( but to save $399.00 x two ) I can handle walking the additional steps past the SA that is next to me IF that is the only issue.

So are these the "undesirable" suites or is it something that I won't even notice.

HAL uses the SC category for "price points" in advertising. Thats why these cabins were SA until recently. In fact, I would rather be in them than most of the SBs, which are pricier. Because of this, it is very unlikely that you can ever book one of them - rather they sell them as "guarantees" so they can put you in any SC, SB or even SA cabin they want to. This approach allows HAL to advertise a lower suite price, but then upsell you when you want a specific cabin. A bit like the old "bait and switch" system.

DaveOKC

Thanks Everyone! I feel so much better now and even proud of the fact I snagged one.

The last ( and only ) time I have been on HAL we were upgraded for free from a SY to an aft wrap SB on deck 7. While I loved the aft wrap ( especially since it was free ) I really fell in love with the Suite life in general.

I am looking forward to well, being more forward to the Neptune Lounge and mid ship in general. Plus, having more room then the SB Aft.

Thanks again.