Sydney Harbour debarkation - air booking question

mouseterd1

What time would you allow to catch a flight out of Sydney international after cruise arrives in port. I expect to be nearly first off, of the transfer people to the airport. I think we dock around 7 a.m. into Sydney. I was thinking I could make a 11:30 a.m. flight as I hate waiting until much later in the day. Anyone have an idea? Thank you.

What time would you allow to catch a flight out of Sydney international after cruise arrives in port. I expect to be nearly first off, of the transfer people to the airport. I think we dock around 7 a.m. into Sydney. I was thinking I could make a 11:30 a.m. flight as I hate waiting until much later in the day. Anyone have an idea? Thank you.

I think that is a bit risky myself. We don't book our domestic flight

until 1.00pm at the earliest. Just my opinion for what it's worth.:D

depends on the day as Sydney traffic can be a shocker so i would pick a later flight and if the ships late you could be held up and you dont say what port you will be arriving as Sydney has 2 ports

It would be risky. Traffic can be very heavy on weekdays and, if you are flying economy, check-in queues can be huge. And that doesn't take into account any delays in docking.

I do empathise with you re waiting around to catch a flight, I hate it too, but it is far better to be safe than sorry.

I think it would be a risk to have an international flight that early. I wouldn't even book a domestic flight at 11.30am. We have taken flights out of Sydney after a cruise on many many occasions. Most times we have been at the airport by 10am or 11am, but on a recent cruise a passenger had their 'lunch' (bread rolls with ham) in their bag. When Quarantine officers found the food, they searched all bags delaying people by a couple of hours.

I suggest you book a later flight and then choose a later disembarkation time. You can have a leisurely breakfast in the dining room if you feel like it. :)