Best Mini Suite on Island/Coral Princess??

geoburm

Planning on a Panama Canal (Partial) in 2015 and looking at Mini Suites. I researched the Covered/Uncovered balconies on the Princess Board, but, was looking for opinions from those that have been in Mini Suites on either the Coral or the Island Princess. Looking for the following features and what Mini Suite would best be suited for them:

> Preferred Covered (but could do Partially covered)

> Privacy is preferred but not a show stopper (prefer as much privacy as possible)

> Good size balcony but not necessarily Ginormous like on Crown or Golden, etc i.e., E729/E731 Extended balcony (love those balconies)!!

> Location - preferred Mid Ships, but could do Aft, not Forward

Any and all opinions are welcome!! Thanks in advance.

We had a D-7XX series mini twice on the Coral to Alaska and a C-7XX series mini once on the Island thru the Panama Canal. These are located as far aft as you can go so they are private and quiet. Those on Dolphin deck have fully covered balconies; those on Caribe have partially covered. Minis in those locations are steps away from the public viewing decks on the stern. The Caribe deck is deeper and has lounge chairs. The Dolphin deck is smaller and does not. Make sure you take advantage of the aft deck as you go thru the locks - it is a fascinating perspective and you might have the area all to yourself since most passengers aren't aware of them.

We have sailed on the Coral and Island three times... and have booked the same mini-suite on each cruise. We like the Caribe Deck - cabin C416. It is partially covered but we've found that the balcony is large enough that we can enjoy both rain days and sunny days by moving the lounge chairs forward on sunny days to enjoy the direct sun or back to take advantage of the partial cover on rainy days. This mini-suite is the first cabin in the mid-ship bump out section and we think it provides a little better forward view, however, with that you have no privacy has other balconies have a direct line of site to your balcony. Of course, everyone has their own opinions as to best location, size, and layout of individual cabins. C416 (or C417) meets are expectations for a mini-suite perfectly.

We like the bumpout corners as well, especially for scenic routes. Yes, the balcony is a little smaller (fine for 2, cozy for 3), and yes they are a little more visible, but you cannot beat the view area and the cabin location is good too. We booked B416...

We recently had C222 on the Coral. Minisuite on Caribe deck which had a larger than normal balcony. The balcony was a very nice size. It was totally covered and we had privacy. I know you said you don't like forward, but on this ship forward is not bad given the location of the horizon court and dining rooms.

We had a D-7XX series mini twice on the Coral to Alaska and a C-7XX series mini once on the Island thru the Panama Canal. These are located as far aft as you can go so they are private and quiet. Those on Dolphin deck have fully covered balconies; those on Caribe have partially covered. Minis in those locations are steps away from the public viewing decks on the stern. The Caribe deck is deeper and has lounge chairs. The Dolphin deck is smaller and does not. Make sure you take advantage of the aft deck as you go thru the locks - it is a fascinating perspective and you might have the area all to yourself since most passengers aren't aware of them.
We've had aft Coral Caribe minis twice (Alaska and the Caribbean) and loved them both times. As stated, the back viewing decks are great and are sometimes empty or close to it--almost a huge private balcony, especially early A.M. and late afternoons. The only downside was some additional vibration from when entering or leaving port, but it was no big deal.

• 3 years later...

Thank you for this info. We have the choice of C705,707, 709, 715,717,719 and 721.

Looking for a cabin with little vibration.

Any recommendations?

Thank you for this info. We have the choice of C705,707, 709, 715,717,719 and 721.

Any recommendations?

Apparently you like vibration, I'm jealous! I have one of the new handicap suites on promenade deck booked for next year and am really hoping the vibration is at a minimum! I don't care for it. Hope you find what your looking for! :D

Apparently you like vibration, I'm jealous! I have one of the new handicap suites on promenade deck booked for next year and am really hoping the vibration is at a minimum! I don't care for it. Hope you find what your looking for! :D

We don't like vibration at all. That's why I'm asking for others opinions on these cabins. Do you have first hand experience with Caribe 700 cabins?

We don't like vibration at all. That's why I'm asking for others opinions on these cabins. Do you have first hand experience with Caribe 700 cabins?

Sorry! I took a different meaning from the post. My mother likes the vibration. I have not stayed in any of the 700 cabins. We stayed in 500 cabins on caribe. No vibrations there. Actually the only time I ever experienced it was when we were way aft on the Crown. Good luck!

Was in cabin D715 last May in AK and then going on D714 Sunday. Never had a problem with vibration.

Chreseclan so excited for you leaving this Sunday to Panama. That is exactly itinery we booked for Dec 2018.

If you have a chance can you pip by Caribe deck Aft cabins 709 through 721 starboard side and give an update about any vibrations?

Thanks so much in advance.:D

Have a marvelous cruise!

Any recommendations?

We've never been bothered by vibrations in any of the aft cabins on the Coral (or on any other Princess ship that I can remember).