Quantum Flow Rider / Single Rider

lovn2liv

For those of you that have sailed on the Quantum already...did you happen to see if they divided the flow rider for 2 riders at the same time (bumper through the middle)? We've been on the oasis and it has 2 separate flow riders...the one on quantum has 1 but actually looks wider ... unless it is an optical illusion.

thank you...

Flowrider is the same size as on Oasis but is steeper at the top.

You also enter from the front (on each side) rather than from the side.

The Flowrider is better designed than on previous ships. No hard ridge at the top to fall on.

Surface is very slippery so be careful getting in and out.

On the transatlantic crossing, there were very few of us surfing so they never put up a divider. I did not actually see a divider but perhaps there is one stored away in case they need it.

Andrew

Someone asked on about the third day of the TA and the answer at the time was that there's no divider.

Please be true! When we were on the Liberty in 2007 they didn't have them and the lines were an hour long. By 2010 on Oasis they had them and it was great while it was raining and empty. But once they had more than 6 people they decided to split it and it just felt boring and dangerous so I left after 1 horrible run where I got my leg stuck under the divider. On the Indy transatlantic they then had one again but every time the line got long (still short since it was cold and rainy) they put the question to the guests and no one ever chose the divider over longer waits. It really ruins the experience more than it adds by shortening the line. I hope they don't have it on Quantum but at the same time I would be surprised knowing how long the lines get on Freedom class ships which hold fewer people.

Someone asked on about the third day of the TA and the answer at the time was that there's no divider.

Not sure if its related but they only had 1 staff personnel supervising boggie boarding (whereas two people were supervising the wake board sessions).