Dining Packages

themutis

I just was on the Celebrity Website and was looking at what dining packages were available for my cruise and I didn't see any. I'm talking about the 5-day dining packages, etc.

My cruise is not till Jan of 2016. Does anyone know of plans to discontinue these packages? I am able to book the individual restaurants now, but no packages are showing up.

Anyone have any insight into this.

If I am not mistaken, I have read that in the near future Suite passengers will given free access to any speciality restaurant as a perk as well as having a Suite only restaurant. If this happens I would imagine that the discounts currently available to the second class passengers will disappear.

If I am not mistaken, I have read that in the near future Suite passengers will given free access to any speciality restaurant as a perk as well as having a Suite only restaurant. If this happens I would imagine that the discounts currently available to the second class passengers will disappear.

"Second class passengers". :thumbdown:

IF that is what it's going to feel like, we'll be booking another cruise line.

I had same experience on my upcoming December 2014 sailing. For months the 3 and 5 day packages were listed as available, but if I tried to add them, it said they weren't available. I likened that to the "normal" Celebrity website issues.

Then last week, I went in to My Celebrity and the only options were to select individual restaurants each night based on availability.

In the end, we decided not to book ahead since it will likely be cheaper once onboard. From past cruises, I know they often have special discounts if a restaurant is not sold out - especially the first night. And I read on another post that AQ cabins were receiving a coupon in their cabin for 50% off a specialty restaurant the first night. If that happens - we'll probably take them up on that.

I believe this is only for the top tier suites (i.e. Royal, Penthouse, and Reflection). If that is the case we are only talking about a very small number of cabins and I would doubt these guests would fill up the speciality restaurants.