in Geiranger Norway can taxis be rented

I saw your post on the northern Europe forum, which is where you are likely to get more responses.

We are in Geiranger port the day prior to you. I've contacted Geiranger taxi company but not confirmed...another CC member indicated that this company wanted a wire transfer pre-payment in which case I'll pass.

Here is a link to a bus tour to Dalsnibba which will also link you to the HoHo bus: http://www.geirangerfjord.no/hop-on-hop-off-bus. Here is another link to the waterfall , but it's in Norwegian:http://www.visitmr.com/fossevandring-geiranger.

Happy planning!

We were in Geiranger in July.

DO NOT MISS THE SAIL IN, or sail out for that matter.

We pre-booked the bus through the website before we got there. €26 verses €79 on the ship, for the exact same tour. Actually the exact same bus.

View from 1st stop.

ef52f7cb1507f81e3592d61a17dac4ea.jpg

We weren't so lucky at the top.

d1ae2cdf566ba05669447af8bc9d5746.jpg

The nice driver dropped us off at the fjord center so we could walk the waterfall.

47b64882aa84fc075e6077e4a11132a8.jpg

Great day!

• 2 weeks later...
What else did you do at this stop beyond the HOHO bus?

I didn't do the HoHo bus, it was the mount Dalsnibba bus. One stop on the way up, the stop at the top, and anyone who wanted to could get off at the Fjord center, or be dropped off back at the town.

Those photos are fabulous. Thanks so much for sharing with us. Absolutely breathtaking.

Thank you. I am pleased with them. Them don't do the beauty of the place justice though. I was up at 6AM for the sail in through the Fjord. 4 hours sleep, but it was well worth getting up for.