Unable to redeem E-Cards purchased through Verizon

cruzn fun

I bought $300 (3x$100) e-cards through Verizon. I tried to apply as payment online and it did not allow me to. Says "Payment denied, use other form". I called Carnival they also could not apply. I called Verizon and they said they are valid and not sure why I cannot redeem. Waiting for Verizon to research. So frustrating! I want to buy more but not if I will have issues. Anyone else?

I bought two $500.00 but I don't know how long between purchase and use, when I went online at Carnival to pay off cruise I did one at a time, enter on card number and submit, amount owed went down $500, then entered the other. Perhaps wait a bit and try again.

Ken

I bought two $500.00 but I don't know how long between purchase and use, when I went online at Carnival to pay off cruise I did one at a time, enter on card number and submit, amount owed went down $500, then entered the other. Perhaps wait a bit and try again.

Ken

Thank you, I have tried 3 times as well as Carnival tried. I am hoping someone can figure this out tomorrow before payment is due!

Ken

I see you are from Irvine. I live in Mission Viejo :) Hi Neighbor!

Can't imagine what the problem is. I purchased one Monday evening through my Verizon account, then called my TA and applied it towards payment less than an hour later. Sounds like something is off with the gift card #. Hope you can get it worked out. :(

Edited by cruizinisthebest

Look at the back of the card.... It should give you a website to "Confirm" the balance on the card. Could be its not properly activated.... Verizon won't be able to figure that out. Check the website.

The cruiselines usually need an address and zip code associated with a credit card payment and those gift cards don't have any...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I had the same problem initially and despite calls to Verizon and Carnival, I figured it out myself. Once you put the ecard # in, there's a box with a pull-down menu, indicating full payment or not.

I had not indicated partial payment, so it kept on denying it.

Good luck !

I bought $1500 worth to pay off my entire cruise. For some reason I bought 15 certificates worth $100 each. I just for some reason didn't see the e certificates in the $500 denomination. Anyways the only issue that I had applying them was when I tried to do it on line the website would only take 10 certificates. I just had to call Carnival and give them the numbers and they applied them all. Hopefully Verizon or Carnival will figure it out. For me it was a great savings!!!

This was discussed in previous Verizon gift card threads.

What the above poster said has *usually* been the problem. When you go to make a payment, you have to be sure to select the Gift Card option. Then you have to be sure to apply only the card amount. I applied four different small cards to pay off a cruise.

Took a little while to get them all entered, one at a time, but they all went through.

Still, one would think that Carnival could handle it, but you just never know with them.

I bought one myself and have not tried to redeem it yet. But when you purchase the card on the Verizon Website the card itself is actually emailed to you in a separate email directly from carnival, not from Verizon.

I used a Visa gift card to buy a carnival gift card on line. It was rejected. Turned out I had to go on line and register the Visa card. Once I did that there was no problem. Not sure if that will work in your situation but you might check it out.

Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpgI still cruise for Warm Chocolate Melting Cake (with 2 sugar-free vanilla ice-creams)

my-cruise-countdown.aspx?dat=01%2F29%2F2015&dest=M&ship=IMMy Cruise Countdown | I'm sailing to Mexico on 01/29/2015 aboard the Carnival Imagination! Visit Carnival.com to see all Mexico cruises.

UPDATE TO MY LAST UPDATE: I have another booking so I decided to try and apply my gift cards and to my surprise I was able to apply them. I went back to my other booking and tried again with no luck. At this point I have to decide if the 10% is worth all of this :) Cheers and Good Luck

UPDATE: Spoke with Carnival again today. They said because the vacation was booked through a TA and the cards are promotional they can only be used onboard!!!!!!!!!! Not a happy camper! (cruiser)

I was able to use my 2 $500 gift cards to pay off our cruise for next week with no problems, but I did use a PVP. But seems like folks on here have used TAs to redeem theirs with no problems...something they have to do special or something.

That sounds about right since it says this for the eGift card terms & conditions: TRAVEL AGENTS, AGENCIES OR ANY OTHER TRAVEL INTERMEDIARY SERVICE CANNOT BE USED IN CONJUNCTION WITH THIS DIGITAL GIFT CARD.

UPDATE TO MY LAST UPDATE: I have another booking so I decided to try and apply my gift cards and to my surprise I was able to apply them. I went back to my other booking and tried again with no luck. At this point I have to decide if the 10% is worth all of this :) Cheers and Good Luck

Well glad that they did finally work at least on another cruise! I always believe any amount of money is worth it...but that's just me...lol!