Vancouver Hotel Recommendation?

Thanks for all the suggestions! I'm now looking at the Hilton, Richmond, which I think is near the airport? The web-site say's it's close to shopping and some interesting sites.

Can someone tell me how far this hotel is from Canada Place and what a taxi to the pier would cost? Thanks!

Thanks for all the suggestions! I'm now looking at the Hilton, Richmond, which I think is near the airport? The web-site say's it's close to shopping and some interesting sites.

Can someone tell me how far this hotel is from Canada Place and what a taxi to the pier would cost? Thanks!

It's about 10 miles from Canada Place/Downtown Vancouver. A taxi will be in the $35-40 range depending on traffic/day-of-week. Another option is get [bribe] the hotel airport shuttle guy to drop you at Lansdowne station on his way to the airport; or walk it one double-block up to Lansdowne, and another double-block over to No#3 Road. Total walk would be about the length of a cruise ship. From Lansdowne Station, Skytrain to Waterfront would be $4/ea.

It's about 10 miles from Canada Place/Downtown Vancouver. A taxi will be in the $35-40 range depending on traffic/day-of-week. Another option is get [bribe] the hotel airport shuttle guy to drop you at Lansdowne station on his way to the airport; or walk it one double-block up to Lansdowne, and another double-block over to No#3 Road. Total walk would be about the length of a cruise ship. From Lansdowne Station, Skytrain to Waterfront would be $4/ea.

Instead of Lansdowne station on foot... I recommend the Brighouse station for about the same distance. It's easier to load cruise luggage at the first Northbound station as you have first dibs in the luggage area.

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=No+3+Rd&daddr=Enterprise,+7551+Westminster+Highway,+Richmond,+British+Columbia,+Canada&hl=en&sll=49.169618,-123.138617&sspn=0.005738,0.012445&geocode=FZM87gIdLxap-A%3BFbxH7gIdVQWp-ClvNZzszAqGVDE-irCXMxtgWA&dirflg=w&mra=dme&mrsp=0&sz=17&t=m&z=17

Edited by xlxo

How do you not stay for at least a day or two in Vancouver?

In any case: Marriott (close to everything and walk to ship).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are staying at the Marriott Pinnacle post cruise. Is it an easy walk with luggage after our cruise? If not, how expensive would a taxi be? Or, does that Marriott have a car service?

Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...
Those of you who have stayed at the Pan Pacific-are you using a bidding site for reservations? I checked the price for our date and it's nearly $400.00 per night. Not going to happen, no matter how convenient it may be :D!

I guess we'd better back up and look at downtown and airport hotel's. We don't mind spending $150-$200/per night for a nice, comfortable place, but not $400.00!

I'm sure we didn't pay anything like that a few years ago when we stayed at the Hampton Inn near the convention center (I think).

Thanks,

I booked the Pan Pacific for May 14th using hotwire. With taxes and added insurance, it was only $213. Looked at the going rate today on Pan Pacific's site and it's over $400.

I booked the Pan Pacific for May 14th using hotwire. With taxes and added insurance, it was only $213. Looked at the going rate today on Pan Pacific's site and it's over $400.

Thanks! I'm happy to know that I didn't misread the $400.00/per night charge!

Thanks! I'm happy to know that I didn't misread the $400.00/per night charge!

You definitely didn't misread the $400 nightly charge. I booked both airfare and the hotel back in July. I check the prices regularly and my flights are now $1350 more than what I paid. I couldn't pass up the $1174 it cost for me and my mom to fly to and from Cleveland...just under $600pp.