Almost Live from the Magnificent Quantum of the Seas 18-23 Nov

transam84

After much anticipation Tuesday we finally were able make my dream reality and see Quantum in person. I was a bit apprehensive after reading some reviews. But we headed out from our home with more than a little excitement.

I feel like I saw her born from mere blocks, floated out, tested, and tested again. I followed her journey to my home state, saw her pass under the VZ in person. Her journey and "birth" kept me sane while I watchEd my mom pass away in late Sept. So she is special to me.

Well, I will tell you all my fears were unfounded. Pictures do not do her justice. She is beyond magnificent. I love everything about her. I love her lines, her subdued peaceful colors, her elegant sleek furnishing, her gorgeous pools and public areas, the well laid out cabins. She is drop dead gorgeous.

I won't go into detail here but follow my journey and pictures on Shutterfly

https://quantumsomwhere2nowhere.shutterfly.com/

I am trying to keep up the journal. Picture and reviews are coming along but slower. I am on board now and can try to answer questions but it is so busy I don't check here regularly. But will try. Hope you enjoy the Quantum as much as me,

Edited by transam84

Can't wait to hear more. I feel the same as you did. I want to be excited but I'm certainly feeling a bit worried. I know when I saw her sail into NYC in person I was amazed by her. There is something about her that you just do not see in the pictures and that was only the outside. It's almost like photos magnify her flaws while washing away what makes her beautiful. It's weird and I know I did not expect it. Can only think of a few buildings like that, and more often it's the other way around, the item is less beautiful than the photos.

How was your flight, Tyron? Enjoying the lovely city of Newark so far? :)

Heyyyy :D. The flight was smooth as a baby's bottom LOL.

So far, so good! The Embassy Suites is a REALLY nice hotel. :D

I'm looking forward to meeting you and the rest of group.

Thanks for the updates Laura, See you at the Schooner!

Heyyyy :D. The flight was smooth as a baby's bottom LOL.

So far, so good! The Embassy Suites is a REALLY nice hotel. :D

I'm looking forward to meeting you and the rest of group.

Welcome to town Ty!

Glad to hear you had a smooth flight and look forward to seeing you tomorrow for some Long Island Iced Teas on deck 5.

Jonathan

Loving your posts and the pictures, I have it bookmarked! One question, when you write briefly about the meals, you say "more in the restaurant section", is that a "to come" area, because I don't see it.

Also, so sorry about your Mom. It was so recent, I wish you peace as you recover from that. :(

Loving your posts and the pictures, I have it bookmarked! One question, when you write briefly about the meals, you say "more in the restaurant section", is that a "to come" area, because I don't see it.

Also, so sorry about your Mom. It was so recent, I wish you peace as you recover from that. :(

Thank you for your kind words. And yes I created a page and will go into more detail about each area. The site is a work in progress.

Ty, which Embassy Suites are you at?

Hi Patti. I stayed at the Embassy Suites in Elizabeth, NJ which maybe 5-7 minute cab ride from Newark airport. A beautiful property

Jonathan is was a pleasure meeting you and your wife.

Great pics, Laura. :cool:

Love your shutterfly site and review! It was nice meeting you at your first cruise critic meet-up. I'm reliving the cruise through your posts.

Gina

Hi Gina, great to meet you. We had such a good time! The meet ups and cabin crawls were great fun! :D

Hi Patti. I stayed at the Embassy Suites in Elizabeth, NJ which maybe 5-7 minute cab ride from Newark airport. A beautiful property

Jonathan is was a pleasure meeting you and your wife.

Great pics, Laura. :cool:

Thanks Ty!

And ditto to Jonathan. Great meeting you and thanks for the cool shirts!

Hi everyone,

I updated the shutterfly site today with lots of information. In the last tab I provided an overview of the trip and then a review of the various areas. I will work on adding cruise compass files tomorrow. I know these sampler trips are different but they still give a favor of activities.

I am also posting a picture review in another thread. I figure some people may want to see text and pictures together right here on cruise critic. Not as complete as shutterfly but a different presentation mode. Different strokes...

I also wrote and submitted an official review yesterday. I gave quantum an overall 5.5. I did notice a typo after I submitted it. I said I wanted to sail again before she goes to Canada:eek: I don't know where that came from, maybe spell check. So if you read my review when it is posted please don't think me an idiot. :o yes I know she is going to China.

Hope you are enjoying reading my stuff as much as I enjoy writing it.

:D