Cruise Director - Cory Rogers

bigeagle12

I never had him as a cd. Did have him as an assistiant cruise director on the elation in 2011. I didnt care much for him then. However many people like him now. So he must have changed and doing better.

I don't think he makes it to the Fantasy.

He was the CD on the Elation before it left Mobile! He made the trip so much better by being available, personable, and attentive! My daughter actually took pictures of Cory teaching the Thriller zombie dance, she insisted that I tell him so he could have copies, He gave her a stuffed animal and chocolate covered strawberries! Needless to say She wants to sail again with Cory! I think since she graduates this year that I might make that happen! :) 137236669.jpg

I've sailed with almost all of 'em, and IMO, Cory is among the very best of the entire bunch! As noted above, he truly cares about the passengers, and is concerned about the amount of FUN you're having. He's ALWAYS around, and ALWAYS willing to stop and chat. Full of energy, and enthusiasm, and is truly a nice guy. If you don't have fun aboard a ship where Cory is the C.D., it's not his fault! ;) (Now,,,let me tell you what I REALLY think!) :D

"SKY"

We had him this summer and we loved him. He was always out and about on the ship, had activities going all day long, and made the activities FUN! I have never really paid attention to a CD, but on this particular cruise my kids were not at all interested in the clubs. It ended up not making one bit of difference because he got them so excited about all of the other things he had planned.

I keep hearing positive things about him...I'm curious if he will stay with the Liberty after the swap with the Valor, or if the CD's will stay with their routes and swap ships. I would guess that Felipe Couto would stay on the Valor's current route and switch to Liberty, since he is bilingual and this route starts in Puerto Rico. Anyone else have any guesses on this or recall what happened before the Valor switch the last time? I don't know Cory so I'm just guessing he isn't bilingual.

We sailed with him on Fascination last year. Really fun guy. We see him as one of the best along with Wee Jimmy. Always out and about, talking with guests, and very very funny.

He called me onstage for his welcome aboard show and we had a lot of fun making a fool out of myself! I was famous for the rest of the cruise. The woodsman, I was named.

We sailed with him on Fascination last year. Really fun guy. We see him as one of the best along with Wee Jimmy. Always out and about, talking with guests, and very very funny.

He called me onstage for his welcome aboard show and we had a lot of fun making a fool out of myself! I was famous for the rest of the cruise. The woodsman, I was named.

I for one have gone on record as not caring who the CD is on my cruise. However, I must say that Corey was very fun, down to earth, and a likeable guy. Would be pleased to have him as CD on future cruises! :)

And the Woodsman... That was a hoot. Beats the heck out of the spoon game. ;) :D

I'm a big fan of Cory. We had him on our last cruise and was truly one of the best that we have had.

He always has time to talk to the passengers and is very personable. If you sail with Cory you have yo go to Star Wars Trivia and the Harry Potter a Trivia. He hosts these and comes in full costume. You also hosts a Q&A that was very informative and entertaining.

He currently is on break recovering from knee surgery. He left right around Halloween and will be back at the beginning of January.

We usually don't care who the CD is, but looked at booking the Liberty in Jan just to sail with Cory again. Sorry Mardi Gras and no airfare was a bigger factor.

• 4 months later...

Until we cruised with Cory a few weeks ago, I always said that the cruise director made very little impact on me or my cruise enjoyment.

I have to say that Cory is the very first one to make a positive difference in our cruise experience! I thought he was just terrific on many different levels!!

We had Cory as assistant cruise director on Triumph a few years ago and then later as the cruise director on the Elation. Personally, he was the best cruise director that we have had. He was very personable and was always out and about with the passengers. Very entertaining!

I keep hearing positive things about him...I'm curious if he will stay with the Liberty after the swap with the Valor, or if the CD's will stay with their routes and swap ships. I would guess that Felipe Couto would stay on the Valor's current route and switch to Liberty, since he is bilingual and this route starts in Puerto Rico. Anyone else have any guesses on this or recall what happened before the Valor switch the last time? I don't know Cory so I'm just guessing he isn't bilingual.

Absolutely no way to tell where he will be going

For anyone wondering, Cory is on the Miracle now through September 2015 (per the tentative schedule).

Absolutely no way to tell where he will be going

Cory is taking his vacation between Sept and mid Jan. I know he will be back on the Miracle for the Jan 31st cruise.

love my grandkids - Hi. If you're still reading this - Just got off the Miracle. Elysa was there. The latkes didn't get any better. :D

I never thought much about how a CD enhanced my cruise until last week. Cory was our CD and he is absolutely amazing. Very personable, available and approachable. We hung out with him and his crew quite a few nights at the RFP, which has another amazing crew, enjoying the night life!! He is funny, can dance, really cares about what the passengers think about the different activities, and does dress up to theme of some trivia games. You can truly tell that he enjoys his job.

• 6 months later...