First time cruising in summer, clothes question

mrsbunder

Hi everyone, I usually cruise in the winter, but this is my first summer cruise, 7/3 on the Century. I was wondering what kinds of outfits people take on summer cruises vs. winter. I usually have more dressy things for winter. For the casual nights, I was planning on tropical printed capris with sleeveless blouses. I pulled a long plain black tank-top style dress out of the closet that I slated for one of the informal nights. As for formal, I just bought a short beaded black dress that I'm excited to wear, and I'll probably do something equivalent for the other formal night. Does this sound OK for summer?

Hiicon_smile.gif ohhhh you are going on my favorite ship!!!

I sailed her in the summer and in the winter!

And I pretty much brought the same type of clothing both times. Remember, you are in the Caribbean...its warm all year round (usually) icon_biggrin.gif.

Check out my photos below...both cruises and the Mercury are in the album.

Your outfits sounds perfect to me too icon_smile.gif and have a wonderful time!!!

I want to go with you icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Oh...I love getting dressed up on a cruise in both seasons!

Next up...HORIZON Sept 18th to Bermuda!

See My Century and Mercury Pictures at:

http://community.webshots.com/user/lovescruising

Some cruisers do the seasonal thing with colors and fabrics, but most of us wear the same dressy stuff on all our cruises, no matter what time of year.

I agree, since it's perpetually summer time, I wear my summer clothes (the ones for REALLY hot weather, and REALLY humid weather) during the day.

I'll also do a tropical outfit in the dining room on casual nights, too.

I take a black swing jacket for a little extra warmth in the dining room if I need it, too. A lot of women take shawls.

Peggy - RCI since 1973

I think what you have picked out will be fine. I wear summer sun dresses and skirts with sleeveless sweaters and blouses and even the occasional tropical print capri pants. On formal nights, I wear dresses similar to what you're wearing.

Sounds great!

Archived