Live from Century 12/01/14 Oz & South Pacific

Tangocherie

Last night was the first formal evening. We got all spruced up and went to the Martini Bar for some pre dinner drinks. It's always a hip and lively vibe at this venue. Everyone was in a good mood. Conversation with our fellow guests flows easyly. Of course you will have gathered that the great majority of passengers is composed of Australians with a few others from the USA, the UK, Canada and I even met a few from France.

Johanne had the cut of beef, Tournedos, I had the rack of lamb. Both were very good. Once again we were accompanied by just another couple at our table for eight. I guess it must be busy at dinner time at the Islands Café buffet.

Johanne was too tired to go to the Captain's Gala Toast & Showtime: A Touch of Broadway and retired early. I decided to go, watched the officers presentation and toasted with the Captain. The show started and darn, it was the same as the one I had seen a few months ago while on the Alaska cruise. I got up, whent to the Martini Bar and listened to a lovely young singer called Cassandra Bangel while sipping...a bottle of water. How reasonnable can you get?;)

The Master is Captain Theodoros Zakkas aka Theo. We have been with Captain Theo on one of our prior cruises, the one to Bermuda on the Summit, I think. I have included a photo of the ship's officers. As I wright this sitting on my balcony hearing the sound of the ocean passing by and basking in the sun's warm rays, I have a brief thought of sympathy for my friends and family in the cold of the Northern Hemisphere...

More to come!799410c8e1ee408fde00a681dcef4369.jpg

Envoyé de mon iPad à l'aide de Tapatalk

We are presently in the village of Kuranda up in the mountains north of Cairns. It is incredibly hot and humid. Still it is an interesting place to see among the tropical forest.

Johanne is exstatic:eek:, having just held a Koala and fed a few kangaroos. Tony, I will take pictures of the wine menu and post them. It's a fun cruise.:D

Edited by Tangocherie

We are now on the most relaxing part of the cruise, our three sea days crossing from Autralia to Vanuatu. I say relaxing because I am presently writing comfortably seated in a lounger on the Promenade deck. This for me is typical of a sea day. Read a good book, watch the ocean go by, look out for sea birds or just snooze on my lounger. Superb!

We have spent a few evenings at the Crystal Lounge where in the company of many new Aussie friends we enjoy the band playing and give a go at some dancing. Ouch! It hurts in the morning.;) Today, for lunch, I'm planing on having a nice cheeseburger and fries. Up to now, food has been satisfactory. This evening will be a bit more special since we have reserved a table at Murano, the specialty restaurant. I will report on our experience tomorrow.

Meanwhile, here are a few pictures of yesterday's excursion taking the Skyrail up to Kuranda and visiting the Koala gardens, the bird sanctuary and the butterfly park. It was a fun excursion.

Stay tuned, there is more to come!e64ddf118bc8358623713d3697a48246.jpg

805d342009f5be7d95d796e0dacb552b.jpg

9046b78a541631473e41f66265326273.jpg

Diner at Murano proved to be a nice change of pace. The service was attentive, the food was good but it could not qualify as very good. I must admit that it is time Celebrity made changes to the menu. It has stayed the same for many years, be it on Century or on the Millenium Class ships I have sailed. In my opinion the highlight was the cheese selection at the end accompanied with a nice glass of port. Yummy!

Last night, I enjoyed the orchestra playing big band music and was wowed by the show at the theatre. It was a cirque type show comprised of two performers. The man is a mime performing various comedic numbers with some magic trics and supporting his aerealist female partner who was exciting to watch. A graceful and lovely performer. Sorry, I don't remember their names. I'll have to check yesterday's Daily and report back.

We are now a day away from arriving in Port Vila, Vanuatu. The tropical climate we are in always brings with it late afternoon showers or even a thunderstorm as the one we had yesterday. At least this has the advantage of cooling down the temps. Despite these high temperatures, Johanne still likes to take in the sun's rays which I mostly avoid being fair skined. It's a fun cruise we are on. I can't believe we have been away for a week.

Bye for now!2c77aadacf41281068fd7963b888762c.jpg

Tony, this is for you.

cc766a7a609794e5cef6736365e2ebf7.jpg60d11b9bb214d2d94908f551f4a075a4.jpg3f45956294ef4ca8773d9fdfaf8c8490.jpg

Diner menu at Murano.

523741c6bb3da6d597006e19a0342dcd.jpg