Live from Century 12/01/14 Oz & South Pacific

Tangocherie

Well, I'm going ahead with an attempt to blog about our cruise. I underline the word attempt. My friend, Kangaroocruiser, has enticed me into doing this.;)

His record is this area is fantastic. I can not hope to reach his level of proficiency in dealing with a live blog. First, my native language is not English, second, I wasn't expecting to purchase an internet package and finally, my comfort level using web tools isn't that great.

All the same, I will give it a try. I hope for your indulgence and maybe will succeed in keeping your interest. Next step is our, Johanne and I, Luc, departure from home in Maria, QC on Nov. 26 to travel by car to Presque Ile, Me. We will be sleeping there at the Hampton Inn prior to our PQI flight to BOS on the 27th. We then fly from BOS to SFO and continue on to SYD. We will be in transit for over 35 hours! Son of a gun! If we are still alive after this ordeal, let's hope the short stay prior to our cruise on Dec/1 will give us some respite to be able to enjoy our third and last cruise on the Century. She will be leaving the fleet in April/2015.

I will attempt to email my postings as often as possible. If internet onboard is priced reasonably, I might purchase a package and try it out. If not, I will find a connection while in port and report at that time. Thanks for your interest and please, be forgiving.:)

Luc

Luc and Johanne,

All the best for a fabulous adventure back to my homeland. Wishing you both safe travels. Remember, although the flight to Oz is daunting, you have the wonderful cruise ahead of you.

Make sure to sample Harry's Cafe de Wheels, a VB or two and of course the Barramundi.

Wishing we were traveling with you both.

Bon Voyage:D

Just so you know. Kangaroocruiser and we, Johanne and Luc, first met a few years ago waiting to board the Millenium in the port of San Diego for a cruise to Hawaii. Johanne and I have since been friends with Tony and Tracy. We have done other cruises with them and always enjoy their company. :)

Luc

Have a wonderful cruise! I look forward to reading your live updates. I always love reading live cruise blogs and will do my best to write one as well when we travel next month over the holidays. Lastly, with regard to English not being your native language, there is definitely no way anyone can tell. Your writing is impeccable.

Cheers and Happy Cruising!

Hi TANGOCHERIE,

Looking forward to reading your LIVE Cruise Report

Your English is great... Like many fellow Quebecers that I know

(sometimes we just are a tad self conscious cause our heads have so many words bouncing around inside them to express one simple idea... French Words, English Words, Slang Words. Lol, then when you really need the RIGHT word you just cannot find it :confused: )

Truth is most people do not notice / or they understand (understood ?) what was meant anyhow

Hope you guys have a wonderful cruise / vacation

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

This is going to be some long vacation. We arrive in OZ on Nov/29. The ship leaves on Dec/1 and returns to Sydney on Dec/15. We will spend time with our Aussie friends Con and Denise till our departure from SYD on Dec/19. We then fly to Bangkok and spend four days there. Depart from BKK to Istanbul via Brussels. We will stay in Istanbul till Dec/26. We then fly direct from IST to BOS. We will spend a night in Boston on Dec/26 and fly to Presque Ile, Me on Dec/27. Then we drive back home to Maria, QC.

Can you imagine, we will have flown across the world! :)

Hi Luc and Johanne,

Hope the packing is close to done? I know you will be finishing up work, heading for home and transiting for the drive to Presque Ise. I see some weather heading your way, so please travel safe and we all look forward to hearing updates as you head to the promised land (Oz).

Tony and Tracy

Thanks guys! We will keep an eye on the snow alert but it shouldn't be too bad with our snow tires and our four wheel drive suv. Boy, it will be such a contrast when we arrive in Oz. I heard that in Sydney, temps where in the high 30's celsius over the week- end! Will keep you posted of our progress in anticipation of your own cruise.

Luc & Johanne

Our trip has officially started. Thankfully, I was able to leave work early and avoid most of the snow hiting the east coast. The snow just started falling a few miles before arriving in Presque Ile, ME. I decided to check the status of of flight on Pen Air by going to the airport before check-in at the Hampton Inn.

The guy at the counter said the aircraft was in the hanger and if conditions in Boston where OK we should be good to go. I think we will be on track.

The road trip was a bit of a challenge driving in the dark. We passed by 3 moose along the way. Feww! You don't want to hit one of those!

Will keep you posted on our progress toward OZ. Cheers.

Hello Luc and Johanne,

By now I am hoping that your flight left on time from Presque Ise and you are settled into the lounge in Boston?

Wait, just see you have landed via Flight Tracker. Face time me when you get a chance, hope your connection is on time. This going to be an epic trip for you both today.

Tony

Hi Tony,

We made it just in time at the airport. Because of the snow storm, the taxi was late to pick us up at the hotel.

I'm new at this blogging stuff but I'll try to post pictures. Happy thanksgiving to all our American friends.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Welcome to Oz Mate (Luc) and Sheila (Johanne),

Followed your flight progress on Flight Tracker, I remember talking with you before our Thanksgiving meal yesterday, you were boarding your flight in Boston.

My, my. I have eaten, slept, breakfast, gym, lunch, football on the tube and now preparing dinner. All that time you have been relaxing in that huge seat thanks to United. You both must be exhausted.

Hoping to read some exiting tales from your trip.

Tony