Live from Century 12/01/14 Oz & South Pacific

Tangocherie

Well we have survived the long travel time and arrived on time in Sydney. From what we have seen it reminds me of Southern California. There is one hickup we have to deep with. Our lu gage, large suitcases with l'ost of our cloches has not arrived. The luggage claims person thinks they are still in Boston. Oh well... We are in Sydney till late afternoon on Monday before embarking onboard Century. Do send us your positive thoughts!

More to come on our adventures.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Edited by Tangocherie

Sorry to hear about your luggage - fingers crossed it catches up with you. Makes me feel a bit mean to say what I am busting to say, but I am going to say it (with positive thoughts for you) -

SO EXCITED. Suitcases packed, sitting in a neat row near the front door, breakfast eaten, about to shower and dress, towncar booked for 10 am. We are going to Sydney today!

So did not think we would make it!

Jennie

I also had my first VB yesterday. Good stuff. I hope they have it onboard Century. We also have encouraging news regarding our luggage. United is telling us that their last known location is San Francisco. Hoping for an update on eta.

Have a good one guys.

Luc and Johanne

The next United flight arriving in Syd shortly. Please, please, let my luggage be onboard.;)

Oh I can relate to your lost luggage problem. We were cruising from Rio to Barcelona a few years ago and our luggage never arrived in Rio. After 4 days in Rio the ship sailed and we still had no luggage. It was sent to our first port in Brazil and that will NEVER happen to us again. We learned how to pack light and travel with one carry -on each and my luggage never leaves my sight. We have traveled with our small little carry ons for years and love it. We can get around so easily in foreign countries using local transportation and never have to wait for our luggage at airports(or hope it arrives.

Our longest trip has been 3 weeks and I often think I still pack too much. I hope your luggage arrives and Bon Voyage...with your luggage I hope.

Marion

... We learned how to pack light and travel with one carry -on each and my luggage never leaves my sight. We have traveled with our small little carry ons for years and love it. We can get around so easily in foreign countries using local transportation and never have to wait for our luggage at airports(or hope it arrives....
Hi Marion

I discovered some years ago that you can own your luggage, or let your luggage own you; I prefer to not let my luggage own me. Laundry is your friend.:) The longest I have traveled with a carry-on is a month to Australia, and I have been to all seven continents with just a carry-on (no, not all seven on the same trip:cool:). Some cruise trips I do break down and take more, since I can't quite convince Lyn of the virtues of only a carry-on.

happy sails

Thom (& Lyn)

So happy to report that United has delivered our luggage this Sunday afternoon. Such good news that has taken a burden off our shoulders. Thanks for your positive thoughts!

Am looking forward to boarding the ship tomorrow afternoon and keeping you posted of how things are going. Happy travels to all our mates joining us on this wonderful cruise.

Luc

Edited by Tangocherie

Today is the big day. We should embark at around 1:30 pm. I'm writting this at 7:10 am and the sky is blue and winds are light. Tony, I certainly intend to take some good photos of the bridge and the Opera House. However, the forecast is calling for a possibility of thunder storms and rain this afternoon, as was the case yesterday.

Let's hope the sailaway won't be ruined. More to come...

Edited by Tangocherie

Our Aussie friend picked us up at noon and brought us to the dock at Circular Quay. I tried giving the young man who picked up our luggage a tip. He refused saying he wasn't allowed to accept tips. Quite a different experience from all my other ckruise departures.

We arrived at about 1:00 pm. It was a quick and smooth check-in process and we were immediately allowed access to our room. It's a C2 concierge class category located in the aft. The location is great since it's just two decks below Lido deck allowing us quick access to the Sunset Bar using the aft outside stairwell. Very conveniant when you want to pop upstairs for a refreshment to enjoy on the veranda. ;)

It was such fun to meet our housekeeping team. We had Mario and assistant Sheldon on our last cruise to Alaska in August. I even asked to be downgraded from C1 to C2 so as to be able to be in their section. They were surprised and happy to see us and couldn't believe we asked to be downgraded to be with them. We both love their superd, friendly and efficient service.

After dropping off our stuff, up to the Sunset bar where we had our first Bloddy Cesars, one of many to come.:) A little bit of food, lots of sun, what can be better than starting a cruise. Later on johanne went back to the room to unpack and I whent off to set up an internet account. Ouch, expensive. Oh well, the price to pay to keep my readers happy. I also went to see the maitre'd in the hope of getting select dining. He couldn't promise anything but put me on a waiting list.

Later on we sat on our veranda to enjoy the complimentary bottle of bubbly. Afterwards, Johanne went to the spa for a manicure and pedicure. She chose a pretty colour. While she was at the spa, I went to the Sunset Bar for sailaway. It got vry windy and cool. There were hardly any members of our roll call. Oh well. Still, I managed to endure the cold, with the help of a we bit of liquid assistance ;) and for the benefit of my readers, the taking of photos of Sydney Harbour.

Dinner was at 8:30. We were at a table for eight but there was only another couple with us. I had the prime rib which was good and Johanne had the pork chop which was ok.44039b3ea2ef829a0ec1bcb52c18d2eb.jpgthe Harbour Bridge650301f7ea14b332961e4f48585ca9c2.jpg

Thinking of you Tony;)

Envoyé de mon iPad à l'aide de Tapatalk