Pool temperature

cruiseluvva

We're off on the QV Iberia trip on December 7th, going as far as Malaga and back. Are the deck pools kept warm enough to swim at that time of year?

On QM2 in March/April, I swam a lot, but even though the outside temperatures were VERY hot, the pools were quite cold. I am HOPING to be able to do the same this time, but am I likely to be disappointed?

Here is what Cunard's online FAQs has to say about the QV's pools:

Queen Elizabeth & Queen Victoria

Pavilion Pool - (Outside pool) - 5m width, 10m length, 1.7m to 1.2m depth. Located on Deck 9.

Heated to 28°C to 30°C. Has 2 ladders, 1 with 4 steps and 1 with 6 steps

Lido Pool - (Outside pool) - 5m width, 8.5m length, 2.1 to 1.5m depth. Located on Deck 9.

Heated to 28°C to 30°C. Has 2 ladders with 6 steps per ladder.

Hydrotherapy Pool - (Indoor pool within the Spa) - 7m width, 7m length, 1.5 to 1.2m depth. Located on Deck 9.

Kept at "Body Temperature" - Has 8 steps into the water

We're off on the QV Iberia trip on December 7th, going as far as Malaga and back. Are the deck pools kept warm enough to swim at that time of year?

On QM2 in March/April, I swam a lot, but even though the outside temperatures were VERY hot, the pools were quite cold. I am HOPING to be able to do the same this time, but am I likely to be disappointed?

I hope to see you in the pool, as also on this cruise. Generally I have always found the pools to be well heated, and I will swim whatever the weather or temperature, providing they are not netted.

Sadly last Christmas on QE the pools we out of bounds for days as we were in those memorable storms of 2013. The Bay of Biscay was the "undoing" of many passengers over the festive period.

I don't normally use the pools, but on a TA in January, with snow on the decks, we made a dash from the spa, to the hot tub and then into the pool, which was a comfortable temperature.

Fellow passengers were walking on deck wearing scarves, woolly hats and gloves.

Edited by Glenndale