Parking at San Pedro pier

sawtooth

$12/ 24 hour period

It's an uncovered parking lot. There is a shuttle but it is easily walkable.

It's as secure as anything else. Need a parking ticket to exit. Shares the lot with the USS Iowa.

We've had no problems parking there, nor have I read/heard about any problems.

It's uncovered. I always drop my wife and luggage off at the Terminal, then park. We arrive around 10:30AM, and can usually get a spot pretty close in, since everyone from the previous cruise is leaving, and most of the passengers from our sailing haven't arrived yet. Here's a photo I took of our car in the parking lot from our ship. (The lot is much larger that this photo of course. It's zoomed in all the way.)

13827046115_e9813e97a7_z.jpg

It is a huge lot surrounded by a high fence. It is an easy walk on flat paved lot to either of the two terminals. I have parked there without any problem. However do not park immediately under a light (tall light on arms extending from a pole like a normal street light) as the birds like to sit on the the arms and you can guess what will happen to your car. :D

The $12 a day includes tax. I was charged $120 for 10 days.

Make sure you pull around to the terminal and unload luggage before parking.

It is a large lot so take a picture of your car in relationship to a building. After 10 days I forgot exactly where I parked. The picture came in handy. Using the picture I found my car immediately.

Most of our cruises have been out of San Pedro since that's our home port. The only times we haven't parked in the parking lot there has been for our two-week cruises (the amount of luggage for those won't fit in our tiny trunk). Never had a problem. As others have said, you can drive up to the berth, unload your luggage and passengers, drive down to the parking lot and then walk back. I believe they have a shuttle (I have seen it before but not sure of the current situation).

It's a great idea to note down the location and take a photo too.