Good custormer service from Almaplena

C2174

We were scheduled to go to Almaplena last week on the 19th. The Navigator did dock (the Princess ship was not able to due to high wind). It was very rainy and windy. Despite the fact that we were able to dock Monica was able to refund our deposit due to the weather. We really appreciated this and we will scheudule again the next time we find ourselves in Costa Maya.

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you for sharing. We are scheduled to visit Almaplena in about 2 weeks - hoping for a wonderful, sunny beach day, but good to know Monica will work with you if Mother Nature has other plans.

I was really looking forward to it! I hope you have sunny skies!

We went to Almaplena on a lousy and very rainy day last month. Many people did not get off the ship. We waited a bit hoping the weather would change but when it didn't we decided to go anyway. We did enjoy our time there. We went snorkeling (despite the rain) to make the most of things. They gave us a ton of food for lunch. At least the last 90 minutes or so we were there it stopped raining, but zero sunshine.

Monica and family are lovely.

The only thing we did not enjoy was the trip. It took a good 25 minutes to get there and we found the experience a little scary (and this is two native New Yorkers). It may have been heightened by the bad weather and general lack of people and cars.

Thanks for the info Mets07. We were there on a day the wind was so bad that the other ship that was coming in changed their mind and went back out to sea after trying to dock. It really was crazy bad, not just damp. I'm glad you got to enjoy it! I wanted a sit on the beach day so bad!