Die-hard Disney fan cruises the Breeze on 11/8/14 and LOVES it or HATES it???

loveysbydesign

It's good to hear how good your servers were. On Disney I have had super excellent survers and just normal servers. I think it's the luck of the draw.

I sailed Princess in Sept. and Disney is much better than the ones on Princess.

Dinner looks yummy too. I should eat before I read your stuff! ;)

I have enjoyed your review so far. I would say something about my Disney cruise but think I will save it and just enjoy your review.

We have been to both places and I really wish I was physically able to do the catamaran and snorkle but feel it would be too difficult. I love the colour of the water though. It always amazed me it was so beautiful.

tigercat

I have enjoyed your review so far. I would say something about my Disney cruise but think I will save it and just enjoy your review.

We have been to both places and I really wish I was physically able to do the catamaran and snorkle but feel it would be too difficult. I love the colour of the water though. It always amazed me it was so beautiful.

tigercat

I am really enjoying the pictures and reading about your adventure. Thanks for taking me along!

Thanks for following along!

Once we got to dinner, Dejan and I Komang were so excited to see us and asked us why we weren't there the previous night. Dejan said he missed us...awe, so sweet! We loved our servers! Instead of calling us the Hartley family they called us the "Water" family, as we all drank 2-3 glasses of water at dinner each night!

When my husband and I took our first cruise in April 2012 we sailed on the Freedom out of Ft Lauderdale and we had a waiter named Dejan who we also really loved. Every time I would ask him if I could order 2 desserts he would say "Of course Jennifer whatever you like!" and he would also say "SO GOOD!" whenever I asked how a certain dish was. He would always talk to us about the different ports and his life back home.

We are sailing on the Breeze in June and I would love to have him as our waiter again... Fingers crossed the stars align!!

Just wanted to say that I am loving this review. I have sailed Carnival many times and Disney. Going on the Breeze Jan 11th. I do have a crazy question that I have not seen. Can u tell me if there was a hair dryer in your room? I'm trying to pack in a carryon bag and running short on room. Thanks in advance.

When my husband and I took our first cruise in April 2012 we sailed on the Freedom out of Ft Lauderdale and we had a waiter named Dejan who we also really loved. Every time I would ask him if I could order 2 desserts he would say "Of course Jennifer whatever you like!" and he would also say "SO GOOD!" whenever I asked how a certain dish was. He would always talk to us about the different ports and his life back home.

We are sailing on the Breeze in June and I would love to have him as our waiter again... Fingers crossed the stars align!!

I was gonna post this pic. later but here's our Dejan(on the right and I Komang(on the left)! I know there were 2 Dejan's in our dining room!

DSC05546_zps35263813.jpg

Edited by loveysbydesign

Just wanted to say that I am loving this review. I have sailed Carnival many times and Disney. Going on the Breeze Jan 11th. I do have a crazy question that I have not seen. Can u tell me if there was a hair dryer in your room? I'm trying to pack in a carryon bag and running short on room. Thanks in advance.

Yes, there was one in the drawer, I didn't use it though ;) Just used the sea breeze from our balcony!

A heads up for next trip to Miami. There are some great hotels close to the port that have a stay, park, and cruise rate. For the price of what it cost you to park at Miami port, you can stay in a hotel the night before, free hot breakfast, shuttle to port, and leave your car parked at hotel for duration of your cruise free. Shuttle back from port to hotel can be purchased for $10 a person. Or, in your case, since there are 5 of you, taxi would probably be cheaper. They drop you right where porters take your luggage.

Sorry to jump in here late, but can you recommend a couple of the hotels that would be good for this? We're cruising on the Breeze Feb 14 and would love to try this instead of parking for $20/day at the terminal. Thanks!

My hair dryer from home died so I had to use the Breeze hair dryer. It was not as hot as my dryer from home but pushed out a lot of air. I was very happy with it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Sorry to jump in here late, but can you recommend a couple of the hotels that would be good for this? We're cruising on the Breeze Feb 14 and would love to try this instead of parking for $20/day at the terminal. Thanks!

I have done the hotel in Miami with free shuttle and breakfast and my best experience has been spending the night in a hotel outside of Miami then parking at SafeCruise Parking near the port. Speedy shuttle to the port, quick pick up when we returned and our convertible was safe and sound. Daily rate (booked online) was $7.95 a day and shuttle was included for up to 6 people in your party. I've used this company twice.

Have a great cruise!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Check out the link below. http://www.parksleepfly.com/miami-airport-hotels-with-parking-mia.html?searchID=21104142

Talking about hairdryers made me think about something. On the Breeze, is the outlet in the bathroom a 3 prong so I can use my hairdryer in there? I hate having to plug it up in the room because that's the only 3 prong outlet, especially when my kiddos are trying to nap.

I thought about taking one of those outlet converters and plugging it in in the bathroom so I can use my hairdryer in there!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If I recall correctly its a razor only plug. Even with a converter a hair dryer might blow it out.

Talking about hairdryers made me think about something. On the Breeze, is the outlet in the bathroom a 3 prong so I can use my hairdryer in there? I hate having to plug it up in the room because that's the only 3 prong outlet, especially when my kiddos are trying to nap.

I thought about taking one of those outlet converters and plugging it in in the bathroom so I can use my hairdryer in there!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have priced Disney a couple times and just can't do it. Okay, I could, but I don't want to. When I think of Disney, which I love, I think Magic Kingdom. When I think cruise, I think Carnival or RCCL. For me, they are two different kinds of vacations. I don't pay for the extras and am not a big drinker so or tab is low. Loving your review.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Forums mobile app

I have done the hotel in Miami with free shuttle and breakfast and my best experience has been spending the night in a hotel outside of Miami then parking at SafeCruise Parking near the port. Speedy shuttle to the port, quick pick up when we returned and our convertible was safe and sound. Daily rate (booked online) was $7.95 a day and shuttle was included for up to 6 people in your party. I've used this company twice.

Thanks! Can I ask what hotels you've used in Miami and outside? It looks like, according to the roll call thread for our cruise, that a lot of the hotels are booked since we're going on Valentine's and there is the Miami boat show then as well. Much appreciated!

Thanks! Can I ask what hotels you've used in Miami and outside? It looks like, according to the roll call thread for our cruise, that a lot of the hotels are booked since we're going on Valentine's and there is the Miami boat show then as well. Much appreciated!

We have been on the Breeze a couple of times and one trip we ran into a similar situation with the hotels being booked near the pier in Miami. We ended up flying into Fort Lauderdale and staying at a Hyatt of some sort near the airport. We used SAS transportation the next morning. The hotel was less than $100 a night and the shuttle wasn't too bad. It also helped that flying into FLL was a lot less expensive too. Good luck and you will LOVE the Breeze.

If you're driving down from NC, then you have many more options because you can stay on the outskirts and then drive to MIA the morning of your cruise. If you're flying in, you could be SOL because of the many cruises going out that day...10 between Miami and Fort Lauderdale.

So after our amazingly wonderful day in Antigua and our yummy dinner we opted to just relax for the evening. The older kids wanted to meet up with their friends at the tween/teen clubs and the little guy wanted to do an activity at 7:30 at his kids club, so we dropped him off and then hubby and I relaxed and watched the Dive-in Movie...The Fault in Our Stars. I had read the book before I let Becca, our 12 y.o. read it, but hubby had not. Normally he doesn't watch those types of movies, but once we got our popcorn and blankies we were good to go. Halfway through we checked on the little guy(since the kids club is so conveniently located by the pool) and then picked him up and went back to the cabin after the movie. My hubby actually liked the movie and we both got teary at the end.

The next day was going to be our stop in San Juan and we had a busy day planned. I think we were all asleep by 10, except for the older 2 kiddos who did not get back to the cabins til after midnight!

DSC05093_zps29196b56.jpg

Edited by loveysbydesign

So on San Juan day I wake up really early hoping to get some pics. of the sunrise! I actually ended up waking around 5 a.m and decide to wander around the ship and to try and get some pics. So I ended up in the aft of the ship as that is where the sun happened to be rising that day. There were about 5 other people back there with me ;)

5:07 a.m.

DSC05095_zps5f932692.jpg

5:16 a.m.

DSC05098_zps9341e118.jpg

5:23 a.m. Taken with my special watercolor feature on my camera

DSC05101_zpscf349217.jpg

So by now I am feeling tired, like what the heck was I thinking getting up and wandering around the ship this early..lol!

5:29 a.m.

DSC05106_zps3793e643.jpg

Edited by loveysbydesign