Your thoughts on Miracle/Pride

NOSaints1

i have been on both ships. i like the layout and the smaller size of the spirit class ships. i have been on the pride 3 times and i have a cruise on her in april. the pride has recently gone through the 2.0 upgrades so i can't comment on the new layout yet. but it should be similar but with different bars. the pride decor is different i guess you can say you either love it or hate it. i love it. on the promenade deck there are several paintings lined up between the seating areas. i like it but some say it makes the ship to dark and depressing. also it is referred to as the naked boat. in the hallways where the cabins are located the wall decor is of a renaissance period and shows naked women on the wall paper. again i like it, but i have read many posts of people complaining about it. also when you go up the glass elevator to the top where the steak house is located you will see a statue of david in all his glory.

as far as the layout the ships are easy to navigate. there is only 1 master dining room. on the 2nd level of the dining room is where they have anytime dining. on deck 3 in the front of the ship there is a inside promenade with seats and windows. it is a very quiet place to relax. not to many people know about it. you will usually see a lot of staff there when they are off calling home.

Sailed Pride just before her update. Good food, decor had

Lots of "artistic " nudity, has 2 Promenade decks and one

Dining room. The Butterflies Lounge in the front of the ship was beautiful and neat. Is love to sIl any Spirit class ship again.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Miracle is having her upgrades done during dry dock in March. Same things as the Pride.

The Miracle had the last large show band. The shows are changing and the show and will be no more after her dry dock.

Just off the Pride. The big screen is nice on Lido. The addition of Guy's and Blue Iguana changed the seating pattern on Lido a lot.

Didn't think much of the Playlist shows. The Getaway Island one had a lot of energy and ideas put into it to meet the mixed media demands of the current generation--3 D glasses used for a minute twice, beach balls flying around the audience, laser lights etc.

The comedy/magician was a let down. Lots of passengers in these acts which most seemed to enjoy. Certainly not the stage shows of the past.

The adult comedy was extremely raunchy and nasty about different ethnic groups, LGBT, by one guy, some people left in the first 3 minutes. The funniest part was there was a deaf passenger and all the shows were signed in ASL. The more the comedian referred to male body parts, the funnier the signs were. She got more laughs than he did!

The funniest part was there was a deaf passenger and all the shows were signed in ASL. The more the comedian referred to male body parts, the funnier the signs were. She got more laughs than he did!

That's funny but what does it say for the comedian when the ASL interpreter gets more laughs than they do? :)

The Miracle had the last large show band. The shows are changing and the show and will be no more after her dry dock.

We wanted to sail Miracle after the dry-dock but purposely booked pre-dry-dock for February 7 so we can enjoy the Carnival Orchestra one last time before having to settle for digital canned music and Playlist Productions.

We wanted to sail Miracle after the dry-dock but purposely booked pre-dry-dock for February 7 so we can enjoy the Carnival Orchestra one last time before having to settle for digital canned music and Playlist Productions.

If Troy is still the CD...... He might do a one time show with the show band in the comedy lounge. Get there early.

Just off the Pride. The big screen is nice on Lido. The addition of Guy's and Blue Iguana changed the seating pattern on Lido a lot.

Didn't think much of the Playlist shows. The Getaway Island one had a lot of energy and ideas put into it to meet the mixed media demands of the current generation--3 D glasses used for a minute twice, beach balls flying around the audience, laser lights etc.

The comedy/magician was a let down. Lots of passengers in these acts which most seemed to enjoy. Certainly not the stage shows of the past.

The adult comedy was extremely raunchy and nasty about different ethnic groups, LGBT, by one guy, some people left in the first 3 minutes. The funniest part was there was a deaf passenger and all the shows were signed in ASL. The more the comedian referred to male body parts, the funnier the signs were. She got more laughs than he did!

We were on the cruise with you and pretty much agree with all you said. The food was better than expected after being pretty bad our last 3 cruises. The playlist shows were really quite bad in our opinion.

Really all the entertainment wasn't up to par with what we've seen in the past. They did have a little live band and singers at times in the area near the information desk....but the singers both had Ipads in front of them with the words to the songs....they didn't know the words!

We did like Diane Ford's comedy shows very much. The other comedians were ok. And yeah the 2 girls doing the signing brought a lot of laughter to the shows. We enjoyed our cruise but its a shame what has become of the shows. They were once one of the highlights of our cruises (Dancin in the Streets on the Dream was awesome!)....but now they've become something hardly worth bothering with on Carnival. :cool:

We've sailed both Pride and Miracle, twice each. None was a 2.0 cruise, but we have experienced 2.0 on Glory. I like both ships, Miracle a bit more than Pride when it comes to decor - with the exception of the dining room. Miracle has the ugliest dining room of any ship we've sailed - vineyard theme, with lots of purple - and grapes hanging from the ceiling. DH describes it as "floating bubonic plague.":p Pride, on the other hand, has a very elegant dining room. However, decor isn't that important to us.

Since both will have 2.0 soon, a word about that. I like most of the additions like Guy's and Blue Iguana. Hate Playlist Productions and miss the orchestra. I'm glad we were able to sail Miracle this past summer and have very good music. In addition to performing in the main lounge, the orchestra performed several concerts elsewhere on the ship. I'm going to miss that when everything goes over to 2.0 entertainment - as it appears that will happen.:(

Miracle is still my favorite ship. She's so beautifully decorated. She along with Pride and Legend are part of the Spirit class, which I love.

I think their best feature is Serenity all the way aft. It's wide open to the sun, the breeze, and the sound of the ocean, has a pool and hot tubs, and is adult only. That's where we park ourselves on those three ships.

The funniest part was there was a deaf passenger and all the shows were signed in ASL. The more the comedian referred to male body parts, the funnier the signs were. She got more laughs than he did!

My ASL-learning family would have busted a gut! Awesome!

We'll be joining you on this cruise :)

• 1 month later...

15 glorious days on the Miracle. I loved everything about her. We booked a 4K room between two life boats for the interior price. It was great having light in the room. Comedians were not that good. Shows so so. Food was good. The docor was beautiful, i thought. Grapes in the dining room were awesome. Some comment they do not like the decor. Be sure and find the Great Gatsby i think if is called. We took some excellent pictures there.

Enjoy.

15 glorious days on the Miracle. I loved everything about her. We booked a 4K room between two life boats for the interior price. It was great having light in the room. Comedians were not that good. Shows so so. Food was good. The docor was beautiful, i thought. Grapes in the dining room were awesome. Some comment they do not like the decor. Be sure and find the Great Gatsby i think if is called. We took some excellent pictures there.

Enjoy.

I also loved the decor in the dining room. I found the "grape" lights and vines very charming.

You are referring to Gatsby's Garden. One of the prettiest places on the ship.

also when you go up the glass elevator to the top where the steak house is located you will see a statue of david in all his glory.

Apparently one of the "2.0 upgrades" was a fig leaf for David. :D LOL! I always thought the overall theme was too dark (as in dim, not morbid) but had no issues with the "nudity". I guess some people did because there were lots of places throughout the ship where folks had scratched, rubbed or otherwise removed nipples. :cool: