Key West from Fort L

h-sar

No way on an ordinary day any time of year will it take 6.5 hours Key Largo to KW unless it's for some specific reason like accidents, construction, maybe fantasy fest traffic, etc. That would be averaging 15 MPH.........:rolleyes:

Maybe there was some accident that bogged it down and it had cleared by the time you went through.

Yes it can and it happens all of the time.

There is no 'ordinary' day to drive to the keys.

No way on an ordinary day any time of year will it take 6.5 hours Key Largo to KW unless it's for some specific reason like accidents, construction, maybe fantasy fest traffic, etc. That would be averaging 15 MPH.........:rolleyes:

Maybe there was some accident that bogged it down and it had cleared by the time you went through.

Slow moving vehicles, accidents, it was the trifecta. It made me miss out on dinner with friends which was the main reason I had agreed to make the trip as a favor to my boss. I wasn't a happy camper.

Edited by ducklite

Slow moving vehicles, accidents, it was the trifecta. It made me miss out on dinner with friends which was the main reason I had agreed to make the trip as a favor to my boss. I wasn't a happy camper.

So many times it is the tourist looking for something that slows down traffic so bad. They have no idea they are causing the 15 cars behind them to do 15 miles and hour for miles.

So many times it is the tourist looking for something that slows down traffic so bad. They have no idea they are causing the 15 cars behind them to do 15 miles and hour for miles.

I live in the Orlando area. Tourists are the bane of life around here. There was an accident caused by a stupid tourist trick (hey, let's travel in the far left lane of the Interstate until 100 feet before the exit and then cut off four lanes of traffic to get off.) a couple days ago that tied up rush hour traffic for hours.

Accidents happen every where.

I just drove home yesterday for Thanksgiving dinner.

3 hrs. 20 mins. each way. Using the turnpike.

I left at 7 AM going north and started my return trip to K Y at 5PM.

I don't know where those horror stories come from of 6.5 hour rides.

My four hour ride going south was on Krome Av. State Road 997. No tolls.

You really want to drive the Seven Mile bridge in the daylight,

its a great view.

Accidents happen every where.

I just drove home yesterday for Thanksgiving dinner.

3 hrs. 20 mins. each way. Using the turnpike.

I left at 7 AM going north and started my return trip to K Y at 5PM.

I don't know where those horror stories come from of 6.5 hour rides.

My four hour ride going south was on Krome Av. State Road 997. No tolls.

You really want to drive the Seven Mile bridge in the daylight,

its a great view.

When I go to KW it is work related, and I don't always have the option of choosing my travel times.

I live in Key West (14 years) & frequently travel to MIA or FLL for meetings. It is not unusual to have long delays due to drawbridges, accidents, festivals, and other goings-on. We ALWAYS go Card Sound Road as it is a much more relaxing ride and we ALWAYS go the day before our cruise. I've seen too many road closings because of accidents that would have caused us to miss our cruise if we went on the day of. There actually was an ex-husband that put a bomb in his ex's car that blew up at Sombrero Blvd. in Marathon which shut everything down for 24 hours!

Edited by patrice1