Where did you stay prior to your Hawaii cruise?

bsblindab

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Beachcomber in Waikiki in April of this year. Nice hotel. It was clean and quiet and staff was very friendly. Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville in lobby and Cheesecake Factory across the street. Lots of shopping in the area, as well.

We stayed at the Waikiki Beach Marriott. NCL has a service center located in the main lobby. We checked in, had our photos taken and booked shore excursions the day before going to the pier. Here is a link to the information. http://www.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise/marriott-service-center. Post cruise we stayed a week at the Hilton Hawaiian Village. This was in April 2007, but since the link still exists, I believe the office is still there.

My preference for my Hawaii trips is to be elsewhere than Oahu. :) So I have stayed at the various Seaside hotels, that are in Kona, Hilo and Maui. Very reasonable in cost, basic and clean. Reason I mention this is it's simple to consider a mulicity booking and enjoy some Hawaii that may be of more interest to you. Interisland flights are cheap and frequent. I usually fly into Honolulu day of cruise.

Especially if you are a snorkeler, or want some great whale watching, maybe Maui or Kona is a better area to spend your time.

We booked through NCL for a pre and Post stay at the Hawaiian Village in Oahu. It was near Waikiki Beach, and NCL had an office there as well.

We were picked up at the airport, transferred to the hotel. The next day, a transport bus took us to the ship. Post cruise, we were transferred back to the hotel.

We spent much of the post cruise day sight seeing and at Waikiki Beach. Flying home the next day, after a night's rest at the hotel, was more relaxing than rushing to the airport after disembarking.

If we do Hawaii again, I would like to cruise from California to the islands.

Second Nod for the Waikiki Resort Hotel. Just one block off beach, across from the Pacific Hotel. No pool but nice rooms with balconies. They have special web pricing and we got one for $129/night which included a great buffet breakfast.

There is a pool They run great specials so check those out.

We are visiting Hawaii for the first time next summer. We are booked at the Moana Surfrider. I obviously cannot comment from experience but it looks gorgeous and it is neat that it's the first hotel built in Waikiki. :D

This is where we stayed prior to our POA cruise in May 2013 and it's wonderful - lots of character, in the heart of Waikiki, great service, etc. we'd definitely stay there again. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app