last minute questions

rover11

We are leaving sunday on the Dream and i have been reading this forum religiously, am up to page 84 at the moment.

My kids had some questions i couldnt answer and so ill turn to the fine folks on this forum

1. How do the grandkids secure the wave phones at the clubs? do they have clip-on attachments of some kind?

2. (for my daughter) do they have french vanilla creamers for coffee?

thank you

We are leaving sunday on the Dream and i have been reading this forum religiously, am up to page 84 at the moment.

My kids had some questions i couldnt answer and so ill turn to the fine folks on this forum

1. How do the grandkids secure the wave phones at the clubs? do they have clip-on attachments of some kind?

2. (for my daughter) do they have french vanilla creamers for coffee?

thank you

1. The Wave Phones do not have a clip. Some people use a cell phone holder (personal), or just have them put the phones in pockets. Otherwise, they will just be laid down somewhere (and hope the kids remember to pick them up again).

11vrv2d.jpg

2. I don't think they have any specialty creamers. Maybe at the Quite Cove Café, but for sure not in the regular drink stations:

ih2xzm.jpg

Unless they have in and out priveleges, no need for the phones at the clubs, they have house phones the kids can use. If they will be roaming the ship themselves that's different. I recommend a REMOVEABLE sticker or other marking so they can identify their phones.

I thought the quiet cove cafe might have had Hazelnut dairy creamers, but honestly I am not sure.

You can now use the Disney Navigator App on your analog or iPhone to text others on the ship. Not absolutely necessary to use the Wave phones. There are lots of public phones around the ship to use to call a stateroom or a Wave phone.

There is NO need for a kid to take a wave phone to the Oceaneer's Club or Lab. none. And you'll be charged a small fortune ($200 or $250, I forgot which) if lost or damaged. If the kid needs to contact you, they can use a phone in the kid area with CM permission or CM can text/call you for them.

If they are older and allowed to sign self in/out, there are still house phones around the ship that they can use. Again, unless you are trying to call them, they don't need to carry the phone. And no, there are no clips or carriers on the phone.

I'm not aware of any flavored creamers in the beverage station or Cabanas. There might be some available in the Cove Cafe or MDRs.

Edited by moki'smommy

Cove Cafe has a number of options, but I drink black coffee so I can't help much on specifics. A few times I've ended up with a clip on my wave phone, so they might be available if you ask at guest services - but as others mentioned it wouldn't seem necessary for the kids to carry them.

I mainly came in to make sure you show up at the port on the right day - the Dream sails on Dec 1, which is Monday. Sunday it will be on it's last day on it's Nov 28th sailing.

Thank you Bill H, yes, i meant we are leaving the snow here in Pa on Sunday and staying over in the Cape canaveral area and sailing on The 1st. Thank you and all the posters on the cruise critic! As a first time cruiser, I learned so much from reading the posts. You guys are amazing

Hey Rover11, we're also sailing on the Dec. 1st Dream cruise. Flying in on Sunday from CA, IL & TX. No snow here in Chicago but, cold as all get out! So looking forward to sunny, warm weather and precious family time.:) Safe travels to Cape Canaveral.

Hey Rover11, we're also sailing on the Dec. 1st Dream cruise. Flying in on Sunday from CA, IL & TX. No snow here in Chicago but, cold as all get out! So looking forward to sunny, warm weather and precious family time.:) Safe travels to Cape Canaveral.