How to tell if it is a chartered cruise

If a cruise is a full charter, it will not show up on Royal's website.

If you want to see if there's a large group on board, then try doing an internet search using the ship's name and various forms of the sailing date.

If a cruise is a full charter, it will not show up on Royal's website.

If you want to see if there's a large group on board, then try doing an internet search using the ship's name and various forms of the sailing date.

This should be true, I agree. But we recently booked a cruise (May 3, 2015 Freedom of the Seas) and have since found out that a group is advertising this same sailing as full ship charter. So, I'm not sure what to believe.

Do an internet search if you want to see for yourself. Their website states: "This is a full ship charter, which means that the entire ship will be dedicated to providing guests with the Maxwell + The 7 Seas experience"; however, you can get on RCL's website and book this sailing.

This should be true, I agree. But we recently booked a cruise (May 3, 2015 Freedom of the Seas) and have since found out that a group is advertising this same sailing as full ship charter. So, I'm not sure what to believe.

Do an internet search if you want to see for yourself. Their website states: "This is a full ship charter, which means that the entire ship will be dedicated to providing guests with the Maxwell + The 7 Seas experience"; however, you can get on RCL's website and book this sailing.

I cannot see how something can be a full ship charter and also be available for booking on Royal's website. Something does not add up.

Edited by clarea

Have you called the cruise line to see what they say? Maybe it was a partial charter that is now a full charter and the cruise line is in the process of cancelling all the other reservations. Wouldn't be the first time that has happened.