Princess Elite Level - Rules change - Rumor or possible fact???

Harley0711

Just got our Elite status on Princess - while on the Golden - I was beat on a little by a passenger for doing some back to backs to get our Elite Status - NOT Fair she stated - I ask what rule I was breaking and was just told again, Not fair????

Actually, she is totally wrong. "Fair" means treating everyone the same, and since everyone has the same opportunity to earn each level with Princess, then it is completely "fair".

We'll be Elite 2 cruises from now, and have booked a 9-day as a 4 day + a 5 day, so that we reach Elite for the second part. And since anyone can do that, it is completely "fair". I will not accept anyone saying any different.

Actually, she is totally wrong. "Fair" means treating everyone the same, and since everyone has the same opportunity to earn each level with Princess, then it is completely "fair".

We'll be Elite 2 cruises from now, and have booked a 9-day as a 4 day + a 5 day, so that we reach Elite for the second part. And since anyone can do that, it is completely "fair". I will not accept anyone saying any different.

Rachel & Jim (our neighbors),

I agree and I made Elite by days on my 11th Princess cruise. I figure Princess set the rules, so why not use them to your advantage. Is the system perfectly fair? No. Can we design a program that is perfectly fair? No.

I don't want to burst your balloon and maybe I'm reading this wrong, but your post reads to me like you need two more cruises to become Elite. If that's the case, you will not be Elite "for the second part" but will be Elite afterwards.

Edited by beg3yrs

I don't want to burst your balloon and maybe I'm reading this wrong, but your post reads to me like you need two more cruises to become Elite. If that's the case, you will not be Elite "for the second part" but will be Elite afterwards.

If they happen to be occupying a suite they will be elite for the second cruise.

Mike:)

If they happen to be occupying a suite they will be elite for the second cruise.

Mike:)

Quite true but UpcountryTravelers said they need two cruises, not two cruise credits. For their sake, I hope they are in the situation you suggested.

Edited by beg3yrs

Good idea to trade. They gave us all this-for a 3 day cruise! I don't know how anyone could drink so much liquid in 3 days!8951370ed1f4543eb055070693a45198.jpgdb6a61080448bd9460bdaf715536615e.jpg

Oh Dear! I'm intending to be in a Window Suite so should get the same set-up for a 2 night Melbourne, Australia-Sydney, Australia cruise.

Is it possible to "pack" what isn't used in your carry on case? Travelling locally, I am not restricted by limitations on carrying liquids, just need to make sure I have some zip-lock bags to contain any spills. Was thinking a set of those little bottles would be a lovely surprise for a friend-IF it is permitted to take unused bottles with you!

Crochetcruise :cool:

So, should I be lucky enough to win Lotto, I could take 5 2-day cruises here in Australia-Sydney-Melbourne and vice versa, or Sydney-Brisbane and vice versa, accepting that the ship doing the voyage might not have the Disabled Access in a Suite that I need? I could manage for a couple of days, I know the Sea Princess has an Accessible Mini-Suite but I don't think that is actually counted for credits when sailing solo in a Suite. Even allowing for having to fly, sometimes with a second flight to get to the port for embarkation, that would be theoretically possible-the reality of winning Lotto is the challenge :D

Oh Dear! I'm intending to be in a Window Suite so should get the same set-up for a 2 night Melbourne, Australia-Sydney, Australia cruise.

Is it possible to "pack" what isn't used in your carry on case? Travelling locally, I am not restricted by limitations on carrying liquids, just need to make sure I have some zip-lock bags to contain any spills. Was thinking a set of those little bottles would be a lovely surprise for a friend-IF it is permitted to take unused bottles with you!

Crochetcruise :cool:

Yes, we took ours with us. The cognac was great with eggnog at Thanksgiving :)

Yes, we need two more cruises. We have done 13. The next one (#14) is the Ocean Princess shown below, number 15 is the 4-day cruise on the Caribbean Princess (first part of a 9-day), and we will be Elite for the 5-day second part of the 9-day. We booked it as B2B. And, no, that's not "cheating".

Most of our cruises have been 7 - 14 day cruises. We prefer 14 day cruises. Haven't calculated our total days, because it is really not relevant.

Yes, we need two more cruises. We have done 13. The next one (#14) is the Ocean Princess shown below, number 15 is the 4-day cruise on the Caribbean Princess (first part of a 9-day), and we will be Elite for the 5-day second part of the 9-day. We booked it as B2B. And, no, that's not "cheating".

Most of our cruises have been 7 - 14 day cruises. We prefer 14 day cruises. Haven't calculated our total days, because it is really not relevant.

Off topic here - your on the Ocean soon, If you can remember, please contact me after your cruise - I will have 'Ocean' questions for you, if you don't mind

Email below