Dream Turned Nightmare

Thanks everyone. Glad it is all over. The money will go towards the deposit for another one. We are thinking Norwegian Epic in November but nothing set in stone.

Happy v - I completely agree, everyone should have been given something. It is just not on. Both what they did and their actions since!

I'm going to stick around on the forum for sure. It's a nice forum here :-)

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks everyone. Glad it is all over. The money will go towards the deposit for another one. We are thinking Norwegian Epic in November but nothing set in stone.

I'm going to stick around on the forum for sure. It's a nice forum here :-)

Hope your next cruise is stress free and you do stick around to tell us how it all went .:)

Mrs Kalos was looking at this ship until I showed her a film on their bathrooms

exclusive design to that ship only ....

:eek: :D:D:D

Hope your next cruise is stress free and you do stick around to tell us how it all went .:)

Mrs Kalos was looking at this ship until I showed her a film on their bathrooms

exclusive design to that ship only ....

:eek: :D:D
NOooooooo!! Bad enough being cooped up in a cabin with DH for two weeks ;) (sorry dear :) ) Only bit of privacy is in the loo!! And what is it with the basin in the cabin? - bizarre!

NOooooooo!! Bad enough being cooped up in a cabin with DH for two weeks ;) (sorry dear :) ) Only bit of privacy is in the loo!! And what is it with the basin in the cabin? - bizarre!

It's the new fashion, Linda. :eek: If this link works, this is a photo of the room at the refurbished hotel we used to stay at in Mexico, which was right opposite the island of Cozumel. It's just as well space is premium in cruise ship cabins! :D

Sorry, it didn't work.....but the bath (jacuzzi) was in the bedroom right next to the bed!!

Edited by Jakanne1

I googled CEO email addresses for UK companies - used to be a free site, think you have to pay now or email the site and tell them why you want the email address - wish you could PM on here - or get me via FB page and will send by PM that way - have the email address for all the directors at thomsons

I googled CEO email addresses for UK companies - used to be a free site, think you have to pay now or email the site and tell them why you want the email address - wish you could PM on here - or get me via FB page and will send by PM that way - have the email address for all the directors at thomsons

Only have to donate £1 if using used for commercial purposes. As has been said, Google ceo email addresses and you will find all the information you need.:)

Thomson pay up when legislation makes them.

A flight delay on our January 2011 Caribbean fly cruise, yes that long ago, has just given us a cheque that meant one of us cruised for free, although it was a late deal.

That said, my wife did have to persue this matter in an assertive manner, quoting the relevant rulings.

Small claims court location will be of your choosing.... This can be your home town and greatly to your advantage.

https://www.gov.uk/make-court-claim-for-money/overview

Not quite! It will initially be filed with your local court, but the defendant has a right to have it transferred to their local court for any hearings that are scheduled to take place. It is then up to the claimant and their legal representatives to travel to the claimants local court.

Edited by BaggersCruising

• 4 weeks later...

Well, £150 cash in the bank. Well done to us all who managed to get something out of Thomson!

If anyone who was lucky enough to not be on this cruise wants to know what all the fuss was about then take a look at these short videos! Imagine the noise in your cabin, out on deck and in the restaurants ten hours a day and you'll understand why we were all a little unhappy!

On another note, we did the CMV Magellan repo cruise from London to Newcastle and we have to say Thomson were quite good in comparison to CMV so perhaps we were a little harder on Thomson I still contend that we were all treated deplorably post cruise.

I had every sympathy for you before but those videos show how dreadful it was and I feel absolutely appalled. How dare Thomson claim it was essential maintenance when we all know it was part of a planned up-grade which they wanted done on the cheap ie without taking the ship out of service. As much as I have a soft spot for Thomson I can't say other than this was disgraceful and cavalier treatment of their customers.

I'm pleased you had some recompense although having suffered that noise for so much of the time (you couldn't even get off during the TA and sitting out on deck was clearly not the cruise experience you should have been able to enjoy) then a substantial refund of say 50% wouldn't have been unreasonable imo.

Still better something than nothing - I'm glad you got something at last. Thanks for reporting back and best wishes for happy and peaceful future cruising .

I had every sympathy for you before but those videos show how dreadful it was and I feel absolutely appalled. How dare Thomson claim it was essential maintenance when we all know it was part of a planned up-grade which they wanted done on the cheap ie without taking the ship out of service. As much as I have a soft spot for Thomson I can't say other than this was disgraceful and cavalier treatment of their customers.

I'm pleased you had some recompense although having suffered that noise for so much of the time (you couldn't even get off during the TA and sitting out on deck was clearly not the cruise experience you should have been able to enjoy) then a substantial refund of say 50% wouldn't have been unreasonable imo.

Still better something than nothing - I'm glad you got something at last. Thanks for reporting back and best wishes for happy and peaceful future cruising .

Whilst work was still continuing into the TA cruise, thankfully all of the drilling had finished and it was more lighter work being carried out.

FOD was onboard the week before the planned outage, and I'm quite unsure now why they still took her out of service for a week, when they were doing so much work either side of it. Drilling etc. should have only been carried out when the ship was out of service, and not with passengers on. I really can't imagine any other cruise line carrying out such work when in service.

I'm new here so i don't really know what I'm doing :confused:.

I just need to ask a question about this cruise leaving from Venice on Oct 7 2015...my question is does anyone know where the ship will berth as i need to book accommodation for about three days before departure and i want to book something close by. If someone knows of a mid-range hotel for four people near by I would appreciate it. Thank you I hope someone can help me.

I just need to ask a question about this cruise leaving from Venice on Oct 7 2015...my question is does anyone know where the ship will berth as i need to book accommodation for about three days before departure and i want to book something close by. If someone knows of a mid-range hotel for four people near by I would appreciate it. Thank you I hope someone can help me.

You'd be better re-posting this in the P&O Cruises forum and starting a new thread for it:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38

Hello and welcome - don't worry about doing the right thing - it's a very tolerant forum! :D

I think perhaps you may not be on the right forum though - Thomson Dream visits Venice as part of her Adriatic itineraries but sails out of Dubrovnik - not Venice so think you can't be joining this ship there. Are you looking for the Norwegian Dream - that appears to sail out of Venice? If so, go onto the NCL forum and ask there. Good luck!

Hello and welcome - don't worry about doing the right thing - it's a very tolerant forum! :D

I think perhaps you may not be on the right forum though - Thomson Dream visits Venice as part of her Adriatic itineraries but sails out of Dubrovnik - not Venice so think you can't be joining this ship there. Are you looking for the Norwegian Dream - that appears to sail out of Venice? If so, go onto the NCL forum and ask there. Good luck!

It's for P&O's Oceana (they put it in the subtitle! :p)

so glad you managed to get something in the end! We are still having no joy even after email to CEO just being fobbed off again. They say our complaints could have been dealt with on board! We complained several times on board but surprise surprise they cannot find logs of all the complaints! Have now told them not happy with their reply as not answered all our issues raised and asked what are we to do if their staff on board don't log things. Have told them they have a week to reply before I take things further.

Sorry to hear you're still having trouble. Just make sure you go through the channels. ABTA mediation will not do anything however should you need to go to the 'small claims court' or ABTA arbitration you'll need to prove you've exhausted the Thomson internal complaints procedure, ABTA procedure etc etc. remember that Thomson have admitted to others it was building work and not 'maintenance'. Do let me know if you need any assistance. I'll be happy to help you out.

Hear hear.

well said..

Edited by P&O Lynn Knickers
Tally Ho